Watch

Marionca

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi ,
anybody test flippa domain appraisals ?
are you give really answer from it ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those appraisals hold no merit.. People get free credits for appraisals which means that most just post whatever to get those credits..

You are better off using the appraisal subforum on this forum. You will get more valuable info here for sure.

•••
Those appraisals hold no merit.. People get free credits for appraisals which means that most just post whatever to get those credits..

You are better off using the appraisal subforum on this forum. You will get more valuable info here for sure.

I agree with you , for example i test it for my domain ...
i receive very different appraisal value ( $18K - $80 ) ! , and start the auction in same time but nobody bid it ,
I think flippa appraisals not good place for domain appraisals

•••
Besides anyone can appraise a domain name. The true value is only what someone is actually willing to pay for it themselves. Unless makes parked revenue and your buying for that reason then it can become easier to get a figure based on a value.

•••
We will soon be removing the incentive to appraise, which we hope will cut back on the rampant abuse and inconsistent appraisals given.

•••
FlippaDomains: if you remove the incentive, how do you expect people to invest their time appraising someone else's domain?

It's a nice idea, but appears to lack proper planning to flush out a balanced value-driven system.

•••
I posted a domain for appraisal and the evaluations were spread pretty wide. The results from Flippa were:

"Your request received 7 replies, the highest appraisal was $1,000 with the mean at $290."

One person evaluating the domain didn't know what one of the words meant and valued it at $1. So you will get people who do not know anything about the domain's product/niche/industry commenting and evaluating. Which skews the appraisal.

•••
We will soon be removing the incentive to appraise, which we hope will cut back on the rampant abuse and inconsistent appraisals given.

sorry, but if I may use your expertize, you seem the right one to query:

I am having small debate with another somewhere on threads, and he claims sales reports are excusively made up of domains sold for their name value.. the categoery you on flippa I beleive call "domains". and those that were sold for website revenue (what you call on flippa "websites") etc, are somehow placed elsewhere.. in some other reports...

I claim it is false and that reports include mixture of both, and make zero distncition between the types. he claims i am false.

can you end our debate please?

•••
sorry, but if I may use your expertize, you seem the right one to query:

I am having small debate with another somewhere on threads, and he claims sales reports are excusively made up of domains sold for their name value.. the categoery you on flippa I beleive call "domains". and those that were sold for website revenue (what you call on flippa "websites") etc, are somehow placed elsewhere.. in some other reports...

I claim it is false and that reports include mixture of both, and make zero distncition between the types. he claims i am false.

can you end our debate please?

I am unsure exactly what you mean.

I report Domain Sales to DNJournal.com, as well as broadcast a (now monthly) report on our blog; and Namebio scrapes our "Just Sold" section as well.

I do not know of another area where websites sales reports exist, though they are sometimes broadcast on our blog as well.

Can you elaborate further on what you mean?

•••
I am unsure exactly what you mean.

I report Domain Sales to DNJournal.com, as well as broadcast a (now monthly) report on our blog; and Namebio scrapes our "Just Sold" section as well.

I do not know of another area where websites sales reports exist, though they are sometimes broadcast on our blog as well.

Can you elaborate further on what you mean?

sorry if unclear

I merely meant to ask you for your experise because a claim was made by someone else that sales reports as we know them today distinguish somehow between sales of "revenue sites" and strictly domain name sales for name value.

I do not believe this is true. all is mixed in all reports. but wanted to confirm with an expert.

thank you

•••
I do not believe this is true. all is mixed in all reports. but wanted to confirm with an expert.

Please show me where / which reports you're referring to...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back