IT.COM

Flippa implements a $1 domain classified listing fee

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Read more: onlinedomain

Flippa has decided to implement a $1 domain classified listing fee, which will take place starting today.

With the launch of its new listing builder, Flippa has made a few changes to how our platform operates, and made a few changes to domain classified listings. Domain classified listings now have the ability to purchase listing upgrades, have increased search visibility, and the ability to add descriptions. (For the full list of changes see below.)

Prior to this, domains classified listings were free, but with the new changes to classified listings, Flippa believes it’s in the best interest of its users (both buyers and sellers) to add this $1 fee.

“This fee will help improve trust in the marketplace and will make sure more quality listings appear in front of buyers.”

These changes will not effect domain portfolios, which will remain free.

Read more: onlinedomain

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
math formula
$1 plus 1 DN is 1 DN minus $1

•••
Dumb move. Why would I do that when Sedo is free? I've given Flippa a try and now they ve convinced me of my decision.

•••
can't resist

inflating_dollar_500_clr_5112.gif

•••
Greedy, won't be listing any of my domains there anymore unless I want to sell them at auction.

•••
•••
OH dear. Sinking ship. Offen times in life I wonder how on earth some decision makers got their jobs.

•••
I stopped using their service years ago :)

•••
Isn't we are going to call it, Floppa!

•••
LOL they give away $15 in credit and then find a way to suck that credit back from you.

Shadeballs.

Now I HATE that my domains give them SEO (do a search for your names and you will likely see their listing page for your name come up). Weighing removing everything from there vs. the slim and dwindling sales potential.

•••
I have bought and sold some decent names via their auctions, but just two or three from their classifieds. Personally, I would never pay to list a name on a market place. I prefer a commission / success fee system for every sold domain.

This made me want to visit Flippa even less... Thank you for good ol' times!

•••
Ugh, dumb move, who decides these things. They should get somebody familiar with domaining over there, probably too late.

I was just coming to post about some errors I've seen lately with the Domain Portfolio section.

Your updates are being applied

This may take a few moments, please check back soon.
{{percentageC -------this error

•••
Post it to Que.com forums for free :)

•••
"These changes will not effect domain portfolios, which will remain free."

Isn't that Classifieds?

•••
•••
"These changes will not effect domain portfolios, which will remain free."

Isn't that Classifieds?
They have plan to charge your portfolios? You giving them ideas :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back