Domain Empire

information Domain investor “bids” on Afternic listing in an attempt to remove it from the marketplace!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Afternic has a flawed domain verification system that doesn’t prevent others from listing your domain names.
While the addition of domains appears to be easy, it’s much harder to remove a domain that you own which is listed on Afternic, and which you don’t want to list on Afternic in the first place!
Dale is an experienced domain investor who had to jump through numerous hoops with Afternic support in order to have their domain name, HomeComingQueen.com, removed from Afternic. It didn’t happen.
Read More.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The guy tortured himself for no reason. He could have removed it in 5 minutes and gone on with his life.

•••
What if the person doesn't have an account at afternic?

•••
The guy tortured himself for no reason. He could have removed it in 5 minutes and gone on with his life.
Yes, he can add the domain to his account with the TXT verification, and once it's added to his account, he can remove it from his account.

And anyone else trying to add the name to fraudster account later will be forced to do so via TXT verification system, so won't be able to add.

•••
What if the person doesn't have an account at afternic?
No choice. If at all once has to remove the name they've to create an account.
I don't have account with SEDO and I simply send email to remove 'my domain' listed by someone else in Sedo, and they ask for 'proof of ownership'. I send screenshot and they remove it promptly. The same should be done by Afternic too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back