NameSilo

Focus on Facebook or use all social sites?

Spaceship
Watch

SmartMoneyFinance

Established Member
Impact
I have been making facebook pages and adding people in my related field to build a decent following. Just over 1,200 freinds now. Is it a better use of my time to just continue building my network on Facebook only or should I join as many as possible and try to grow all my social profiles equally? The latter is proving to be very time consuming but if it's worth the effort I will continue.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What niche is it? I don't think Social Media is really the way to go for most niches, although a little here and there just for some "variety" in your backlinks is good.

Personally I've found Facebook is good for the generic type niches that apply to everyone...Funny images, vine videos, and things like that. Twitter is good for things in the tech niches..

•••
The million dollar question is: where is your target audience?

That's where you need to be.

•••
The best thing you can do just like enlytend said is figure out where your target market is and without me knowing what industry you’re in it’s kind of impossible for me to give you accurate advice.

However, if you have your heart set on social media allow me to give you my 2 cents on how to grow it fast.

First you’re going to want to get a few fake followers on Twitter. It doesn’t have to be thousands of them but just a few hundred will do. The goal is to get some social proof (or the illusion of it) so people will feel like it’s OK to follow you. Use a few Fiverr gigs for this.

Since you have a good amount of FaceBook followers the next step is to leverage them – promote your other social platforms like Twitter using your current FaceBook followers to help get real followers on them.

Next, spend the time doing the research to find all of the people in your industry that are trying to make money in some way – either they have a blog and they make money via banners/AdSense or they have a list and sell products. Whatever way they are making money, write down the names of these people on a spreadsheet along with their Twitter/FaceBook page if they have one. Also take note of the amount of followers they have.

Then when you have amassed as many people in your industry on that spreadsheet find people that have roughly the same amount of followers as you and approach with an offer – tell them that if they endorse your page to their followers, you’ll endorse their page to your followers. Since these people are all in business they are obviously going to see it as an opportunity to get exposure to their name and get more sales and you’ll get the same in return.

By doing this you’ll grow your list of followers really fast.

The trick to this is the people you contact with your offer have to have as many followers as you or less so that they will see it as either an “even” trade or as they are getting the better end of the deal.

And the more people you do this with the faster you’ll grow your followers and the more money you’ll make (and all of it is for free).

Hope that helps.

•••
Facebook has very popular groups in many niches just have to find them. Groups can provide a lot of friends to be added for you.

•••
There are several ways to get benefits from Facebook. Although for a brand you need to get yourself registered to all social platforms. It is definitely worth using. Twitter and Google plus are used generally by all brands. There are several other social platforms like reddit, quora, stumbleupon, etc. Try each and every source for your brand.

Just for Facebook, I suggest to try #FacebookFriday hashtag. You will see great traction on Fridays.

•••
Twitter and Google plus is a plus to your Online growth!!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back