Domain Empire

Friend with a dozen 3 LETTER .COMS (NOT) Selling them to me for like $50/ea

Spaceship
Watch

CWDigital

Adapt and OvercomeEstablished Member
Impact
Friend with a dozen 3 LETTER .COMS (MAYBE) Selling them to me for like $$$/ea??

Omigod guys I think I may be in....a friend I used to work with has all these domains from back in the internet boom days...he has an email company and has no idea about the value of domains these days...he doesnt even want them really..but said he likes them since they are short and asked a WHOPPING $50 EACH for them! LOL I think I am gonna make some $$$$$$$$$$$ He even said he thinks he has a few 2 letter! Am I dreaming or what...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just *love* how everyone absolutely knows who is and is not telling the truth, even without them giving any sort of information that would prove them either way. Guilty til proven innocent here concerning this guy lying, is it? Come on folks, even if this is probably not something that happens every day, NONE of you know the truth at all, and making judegments based on no information is very immature and disrespectful, in my humble opinion.

•••
collieri said:
Actually, I think hes the coolest and most entreprenurial member we have (behind the googleebear man, of course).

Cos hes found the bestest and mostest sure fire way of earning name bucks there is.

Hes laughing at all those scouring whois and posting dropped names for a few NB$$. He's simply invented a story that wouldnt take a three year old more than 15 minutes to discredit and then sat back and watched the NB$$ roll in.

Bang! there goes another 2...... ;)
Just to be on the safe side, lets not give any opinions about this and wait till Chris gives us updates on this. Who knows, he might be telling the truth. ;)

•••
redhippo said:
jehnidiah said:
I just *love* how everyone absolutely knows who is and is not telling the truth, even without them giving any sort of information that would prove them either way. Guilty til proven innocent here concerning this guy lying, is it? Come on folks, even if this is probably not something that happens every day, NONE of you know the truth at all, and making judegments based on no information is very immature and disrespectful, in my humble opinion.

i agree! whatever his reason or motive! the man need an opportunity to answer to whatever "charges" against his claims.
otherwise we are nothing more than internet lynch mob!!

for all you know he might be in the hospital with two broken legs!;)

**correction** no broken legs just broken internet!! ;)sorry to hear of your sad situation Chris..saw it on the TV...very Bad

HOPES all things sort out well for you!

•••
Well, what a yer know.....!

Instead of posting a reply to, what from me, were legitimate, harmless and easy to comply to requests (certainly for an honest person to answer), Superdealchris's reply was to leave negative feedback against my reputation... Classy....

Surely, in order to prove that you are not the next snakeoil salesman rolling into town, it would be easier Chris to post your list of 3 letter domains that you almost purchased here. After all, you say you have them readily to hand? And obviously once posted we will all be able to see that this list all show as having the same owner and all show as being in a Florida location. So, I dare ya, do it and claim your 150NB$$. Whats stopping ya?

But Im afraid there-in lies Chris's problem..! There is no list, no names and possibly no friend/s

And while we are at it - ryl.us - (you know the name Chris was being pursued for by the CEO of planetwidegames and which he subsequently (allegedly) sold to him for a record price for a .us name) well suddenly the whois data gets updated to show planetwidegames as owner. Oops, but it still shows as having enom as the registrar instead of register.com. Silly mistake. Oh, and also, the domain is on a URL redirect to planetwidegames.com. Might have been better Chris if youd have repointed it to ryl.net... Would have been more plausible then.

Mind you, if you offer planetwidegames ryl.us for free perhaps? Then scour the whois looking for florida based owners of 3 letter domains perhaps you can come back here and say 'whos the snakeoil salesman now?'. Oh, sorry, youve tried that already. :lol:

•••
want me to post the list of names before I buy them so I can be sure it's worth the money? Everyone promise not to email my buddy though and cut me out..OK? (lol)

•••
superdealchris said:
want me to post the list of names before I buy them so I can be sure it's worth the money? Everyone promise not to email my buddy though and cut me out..OK? (lol)

Post away, please! :tu:

:kickass:

•••
Ok....right after the transfer is complete! lol ;)

•••
Whats the fastest way to resell them all in bulk? Ebay? Here? any ideas?

•••
or the email address of your friend 8-X

If they r 3 char .com u should give him some extra money.. as he is your friend. :kickass:

u sure will make a lot in this deal.. get them fast..

•••
I wouldn't suggest you post them .... Also - are they in fact 3 letter or 3 character ?

Maybe a more humane thing to do (lol) is to offer to Broker them for him rather than buying them so cheaply ... Just a suggestion seeing you actually know the guy ...

If they are in fact 3 letter ........... WELL WORTH IT !

•••
Do not sell in bulk - IMHO ~

•••
ok I just got an email from him and he has an amazing 2 letter .com he wants $150 bucks for.... I think I won the lotto today....holy shit!

•••
yeah I was just joking before about posting them dudes...lol They are 3 letter of course...

•••
Man, do I need friends like that! LOL Hey Chris, want to be my new best friend? :o Sell them individually. If they are true 3 letter .com's, you will be sitting pretty. 2 letter .com's and you can retire early LOL. Congrats on picking your friends!

•••
maybe I will share the wealth and blow them out here on namepros for like a few hundred each..and just do a 3 day auction on the 2 letter..which I might add is a VERY good one...should be worth xx,xxx to end user easy

•••
If he is truly a friend maybe you should not deceive but share some of the $$$$$$$$

•••
That'd be an excellent idea. Please PM me if you are interested in selling many of them at once, or even them individually for *good* prices. Hook us up man. ;)

•••
I wish you all the best Chris :tu:

Good luck

•••
Please let us all know if and when you purchase these names and what names they are! Congrats!

•••
•••
I'm waiting for the punchline ... :p

:notme:

•••
He will get the $50 each he asked for, if he asked $100 each he would have gotten that instead...if I give him more or offer more he's gonna wonder why and probably jump online and find out REAL quick what 3 letter .coms are "worth" ....it is all speculative at this point..for all I know there is'nt an end user for any of them and their value only exists in our domain addicted heads, I wonder why anyone has'nt contacted him yet and tried to buy any of them?? Just a thought...

:kickass:

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back