Domain Empire

General value of a 2 character .net?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rb

Established Member
Impact
So I'm watching this pool.com auction jump and I'm wondering...what is really the value of a 2 character .net?

I'm wondering if I should jump in, or pick a different battle :)

I'm surprised how much some of these names go for. Melon.com is up to $6000.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Melon.com is definatley worth the $xxxx and even $xx,xxx

2 character .nets I have seen at wholesale for as low as the $800 range. Don't expect that price at pool though.

•••
Don't expect that price at pool though.

probably not. It's already at $875 and people are bidding like it's the last day of the auction (it's the first).

Pool does grab some pretty good names though.

•••
The real question is which is worth more, a two-character .net or melon.com?

•••
looks like melon.com so far (at least by people playing in the pool)

melon $6100
r3.net $1600

still a day left of bidding on both.

•••
I wasnt in on this auction....

Can someone please inform me of the selling prices, particularly the 2 char.net as I like to keep track of them...

More importantly , whoever is buying them at these prices please make themselves known to me ! :'(

•••
Come to think of it, I'd rather have melon.com than r3.net any day! :)

•••
Originally posted by 4u-domains
I wasnt in on this auction....

Can someone please inform me of the selling prices, particularly the 2 char.net as I like to keep track of them...

More importantly , whoever is buying them at these prices please make themselves known to me ! :'(

Those who bid $1600 for "r3.net" at Pool, obviously don't visit these forums!

for "melon.com" perhaps the scenerio is different!
6k is a deal for this name!

•••
Didn't melon.com go for something like 30k?

I have a few friends that picked up alot of 2 character .nets for the $700 range and hope to find an end user. Sad to say that they have been struggling and even at wholesale, they are lucky to earn $100 if sold at $800. 2 character.nets are a tough sale at end user level but they sell easy at wholesale in the $500-700 range. Anything over that, you are just digging a ditch. Wholesalers know that they are a tuff sale thats why you see the same 2 chars being offered for sale day after day. The end user is hard to find on them. Your best chance for a big sale is a 2 or 3 letter .com Leave the 2 char .net and .org alone unless you know whos hunting. The only person that is in the market for them are resellers like you and I and we know what they are worth at our level. If you see a 2 char .net being offered for sale here, it will still be available for sale next week. :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back