advice Get Off Your But

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainSherpa

DomainSherpa.comVIP Member
DomainSherpa.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This guy is telling us to get off of our butts? You've gotta be kiddin' me! This is the guy who held Adam Dicker in high esteem (high enough esteem to befriend and feature Dicker at DomainSherpa) even after the Godaddy scandal in 2008, and the Satan's Playhouse piracy shenanigans prior: http://www.satellitetoday.com/uncategorized/2003/06/13/mounties-get-their-satellite-pirates/

Yes, folks, this is the guy who's giving YOU advice. Can you say narcissism? Sure, I knew you could.

•••
This guy is telling us to get off of our butts?

It's "get off your but" not "get off your butts."

Adam Dicker misled everyone in the industry. When it came out that his actions were not in line with what he was saying, I removed every show from DomainSherpa so no one else would be misled.

I give back every week through free interviews. You can take what you need, and what you like.

Best wishes to you and yours,
Michael

•••
Adam Dicker misled everyone in the industry. When it came out that his actions were not in line with what he was saying, I removed every show from DomainSherpa so no one else would be misled.

So what you're saying is that Dicker's "actions" while at Godaddy, documented in 2008 WERE in line with what he was saying? You know, that inconvenient truth about bidding against clueless Godaddy customers while VP of TDNAM auctions, driving up prices, etc. And you were okay with that? Is that what you're saying? How 'bout those pesky piracy allegations going back even further? Yeah, not good. The police (Canadian Mounties) were involved with that one. You were okay with those? Oh, you didn't know about that little episode? Here you guys are trying to sell to us that you are experts, and you don't even know about, or perhaps even care about, the histories of individuals you buddy-up with? Either way, whether you knew about the documented history and didn't think it was important, or didn't know altogether, it tells me you're not the guy I should be taking advice from. Capisce?

Some of us were screaming about Dicker well before DomainSherpa bestowed accolades upon him. It was out there. Perhaps you chose not to factor it in. Shame shame shame.

http://www.wired.com/2008/06/godaddy-vp-caug/

http://www.satellitetoday.com/uncategorized/2003/06/13/mounties-get-their-satellite-pirates/

•••
@DomainSherpa - Great video! I get a bit demotivated from time to time and find myself having to rejuvenate my drive occasionally. I think it's common for many people to start to get a little burned out and play the excuses game to somehow feel better about the lack of motivation.

I've found that it helps a lot to create check sheets and sticky notes that are strategically placed in areas I know I'll see them every day.

@HeyNow - Let's try to keep this thread on-topic in a positive direction about the motivational aspects of the video we all just watched. This is the type of video that can help any level of investor (new or veteran) inject some forward motion into their hobby or business model. You are more than welcome to start a new thread for other topics that are not related to this motivational video.

Thanks,

•••

[USER=12560]@HeyNow
- Let's try to keep this thread on-topic in a positive direction about the motivational aspects of the video we all just watched.[/USER]

This isn't a thread intended for discussion. This is a link to his website.

I think every time you advertise your external site in this way everyone like @HeyNow has the right to tell you what he thinks about the site that is being linked/marketed. If this was truly an attempt to start a thread discourse I would agree with you but as it's not I think warnings are fair so that people can judge for themselves.

Mr Sherpa responded accordingly - he removed Dicker's posts but never actually posted a warning or disavowed him in any way.

I watched the video and here's the shorter version:

Don't make excuses and do something..... insert <sponsor> <sponsor> <sponsor>

You're welcome everyone, that's 5 minutes you can put towards doing something more useful.

P.S. Why is this industry news?

•••
This isn't a thread intended for discussion. This is a link to his website.

I think every time you advertise your external site in this way everyone like @HeyNow has the right to tell you what he thinks about the site that is being linked/marketed. If this was truly an attempt to start a thread discourse I would agree with you but as it's not I think warnings are fair so that people can judge for themselves.

Mr Sherpa responded accordingly - he removed Dicker's posts but never actually posted a warning or disavowed him in any way.

I watched the video and here's the shorter version:

Don't make excuses and do something..... insert <sponsor> <sponsor> <sponsor>

You're welcome everyone, that's 5 minutes you can put towards doing something more useful.

P.S. Why is this industry news?

Thank you. Thank you very much.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back