IT.COM

status-monitor Get rid of dislike button

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Can you remove the stupid dislike button please? It creates a bad atmosphere when people publicly state they don't like you (which is how it appears and how it feels).

I have just contacted two members asking them to say to my face that they don't like me. Is that what you want?

It is very bad for the community feel of the place. It is wholely negative, not to mention thoroughly pointless.

If you really must have a silly button, have "disagree", or possibly thumbs up and thumbs down.

For me, it puts me off coming here, so I will only do so if I have to.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I kind of wish the dislike button would be used more often, but, it needs to be more useful than it is for that to happen.

To make the dislike system more useful, posts should hide when they receive more negativity. Instead of seeing a post with let's say 5 dislikes, it would hide it with the option to show it per user request ("This post has been hidden due to dislikes [Show message]").

•••
1. Having a dislike button IMO is real democracy.
2. Like others have said, nobody has to agree with you and they have a right to say they dont like what you said.
3. Lack of dislike button on FB is a reason i dont respect FB and obviously their leadership is a bit cowardly in coming to terms with reality and truth about life.
4. There IS a dislike button so you dont have to "get into people's faces".
5. Getting into people's faces directly is the reason for conflict, not the dislike button being used. "Dont start no s*** there wouldn't be no s*** "
6. If you're too sensitive(because of seeing dislikes on your posts), pls mature and learn things wont always be rosy or go your way in this crazy world.
7.This thread is more or less redundant.
8.Some posts on NP just NEED to be disliked.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back