IT.COM

Get started online with a FREE .CA domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hey guys, found a little gem today - if you're a canadian resident you can register a free .ca domain name courtesy of "Canada, get your business online", a google sponsored inititiative designed to get canadian businesses online. Anybody can take advantage of it, you just need a canadian phone number for the confirmation code. Get more information here:

How to get your free domain name.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you sure it's just a phone # requirement now? I remember when they launched this last year, they required a credit card #.

In any case, just remember it's free for 1 year only. And transfer out of Yola before the renewal or you'll get a very nice bill from them.

•••
yes, just a phone number - The faq mentions a credit card. I didn't have to give one for my domain though. Good point on the transfer. does it cost anything?

•••
Since I am a Canadian, and I might be interested...Sure would like to know, is that your blog with a affiliate link?
PHP:
[url]http://www.rollandwinters(dot)ca/2012/04/how-to-get-a-free-ca-domain-name/[/url]

•••
Good point on the transfer. does it cost anything?

Yes you'll have to pay for the transfer. Check with your preferred .ca registrar for costs. Normally the same as registration cost - anywhere from around $10 bucks and up.

You'll have to wait 60 days after registration before you can move it out though.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Since I am a Canadian, and I might be interested...Sure would like to know, is that your blog with a affiliate link?
PHP:
[url]http://www.rollandwinters(dot)ca/2012/04/how-to-get-a-free-ca-domain-name/[/url]

That's not an affiliate link. It looks clean to me.

•••
I always hear, "Ain't no free lunch." That said, they have been aggressive lately on Adsense for me to buy a .ca domain. In fact I have noticed some commercials on television talking about how secure and patriotic they are. I might have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

•••
As the OP suggests in his blog, just take the domain, don't even bother with the free website part of the offer.

I've seen a few websites using the free yola templates and they aren't going to impress anyone to put it mildly.

•••
PHP:

That's not an affiliate link, and I didn't see an affiliate link on his blog post either.

•••
That's not an affiliate link. It looks clean to me.

That's not an affiliate link, and I didn't see an affiliate link on his blog post either.
Thanks RazorNF and lothos! I triple-checked and look at the source code..it is not a affiliate link!
My apology jeeaar!

•••
no, not an affiliate link

hey sorry for the late response. My blog isn't monetized at all - just a solid offer, I thought. I did notice that the domain is actually registered through tucows, though I didnt explore farther than the whois information.

•••
Bumping because I can confirm that this offer still works.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back