Domain Empire

question GoDaddy Auctions member: Relist domain on 7 day auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
I see that if you are a GoDaddy member by paying $5/year, you can run free auctions on GoDaddy.
So, if you are listing a domain for auction on GoDaddy 7day auction and the auction ended without any successful bid, can you relist the domain immediately? Is there any limitation on listing again?
And, when is the best time to list the domain for auction? (Weekdays/Weekends/avoid Holidays?)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, you can immediately relist. Just make certain about the limitation on the numbers of days left before expiration. At the time, it was restricted to domains not expiring within I think 60 or 90 days. This policy may have changed since, but it certainly seemed very peculiar as a requirement back then.

Great question. I tried various timings over the years. This was an attempt to pare down my portfolio, and I aggressively tried various permutations. It never seemed to matter, even with using featured listings. The effort proved time consuming and fruitless. There was never an indication that anyone was seeing the listings. Ultimately, I stopped using them completely.

However, if someone has had more success listing using specific days of the week, that might be an interesting factor. Also, perhaps there have been significant improvements over the past few years. So if anyone has had real success with the auctions, hopefully they can share that here.
thanks

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back