GoDaddy Coupon Code Error

Watch

KDN

KenTop Member
Impact
Hi guys,

Just curious if any of you gets this error when using a code:

Some of our best offers are limited to one per customer and it looks like you've already used one. We've updated your cart with the best offer, if one is available.

This is what I see below the code field:

The code entered has some restrictions.

Thank you so much for your time!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's like an addiction, isn't it. We got hooked on discount coupons, and now when the supply gets cut off we're going through withdrawal . . . all according to GD's plan to get people to join the domain club.

•••
I am sure this step will prevent lot of newbies from entering the domaining industry - cannot say for good or bad, it did help many many venture into domain industry. More players are there, better the market field is.

•••
•••
Less sleep for many now no more 20/7 its 22/7.

•••
•••
Well about 5 times yesterday I googled "cheap domain registration" and clicked on the first result, the Godaddy ad. So that probably cost them at least $5 and who knows how many others are trying that - because it worked before.

I once got one of those cheap regs by clicking a Google for GD that appeared on NP.

•••
dot Cow sounds like the type of name us newbies register...Lol.

I meant dot Coms had been dot Cows for me for long, and I am talking 15+ years :)

•••
I have seen the "message" today for the first time in my 2nd account but it also seemed that NONE of the codes I was putting in ( well more pricey than .99 ) was working.

When I gave up and went to pay the FULL PRICE Crazydaddy didn't even let me pay that saying there was a problem processing my transaction!!!! I only have 1 cc ( it is more a debit card I think ) on file and they didn't even let me use it with their full price??? What are we? Getting crazy?

I wonder what I could have done if I didn't have another Poodaddy account to transfer my name to...btw with that account I paid full price with PP no problem.

I think that for me the time for domaining is turning to an end; especially with GD.

As a side note I think this will open up the market for other registrars and eventually other marketplaces other than GD Auctions.

•••
Isn't it ironic though that the ones bitching about paying 7-10 dollars for a domain are the same ones who wouldn't hesitate for a second to gouge some hapless end-user for $10-20k for their latest hand reg-with-coupon 99c domain.

•••
Isn't it ironic though that the ones bitching about paying 7-10 dollars for a domain are the same ones who wouldn't hesitate for a second to gouge some hapless end-user for $10-20k for their latest hand reg-with-coupon 99c domain.

I would say it is a generalization and a quite broad judgement.

I would also say that there are different domainers :

Some make their living or the greatest part of their domaining income out of dropped names, hand registrations etc maybe because they don't have enough of a big wallet to do anything different or maybe because they don't feel confident in spending xxx-x,xxx on an aftermarket ( 100% of the times overpriced ) domain name yet.
They could even be the smartest..who knows..

Some others do the opposite and base their business model on buying from other domainers.

Both hope to resell for profit to other domainers and dream for end users.
Greediness is an attribute that both categories may or may not have and it doesn't have anything to do with where they buy your names or how much they spend on them.
At the end someone has at one point in time.hand registered all those names that are passed on from domainer to domainer...

Personally I use coupons as lottery tickets or as a way to sort of " spread the risk " and I think many do the same.

Last edited:
•••

if I spend $2000 dollars on a domain or $1 on a domain I wouldn't hesitate selling the domain for 10k.

For domainers just beginning who haven't made any sales or made many sales and there judgement isn't that good. GD coupon codes are very useful. You can learn with out loosing a lot of money. I been domaining for six months I didn't use godaddy coupons in the beginning I lost $450 I didn't know about GD codes. it's a expensive lesson to learn if you don't have the capital.

Last edited:
•••
To be honest, the only reason i ever used godaddy was because of these coupons.

oh well, was fun while it lasted.

•••
. . . all according to GD's plan to get people to join the domain club.

Yeah, just what I want to do. Pay a monthly fee to have the privilege of paying a ridiculous price for domains.

•••
what's ridiculous about the DDC prices for .COM ?

•••
what's ridiculous about the DDC prices for .COM ?
You can get .COMs elsewhere for $8-$9 without having to pay a monthly fee.

•••
I think its a bye bye to godaddy right now.
Whoever advised them thats how to treat their customers really goofed.
I mean their is supposed to be an annoucement and then gradual withdrawal of the codes if they really value their customers.
Any wise registrar would step up its game and absorb offended customers right now, when its still hot.
Am not even keen on the 0.99 or 1.67 reg codes, a $2.17 to $5 is still very good, since you cant even get a $5.99 code to work right now at gd.

•••
I think we all have to accept reality that the era of the "GoDaddy Coupon Code" is now dead.

I knew this day was coming the way people would openly brag and boast all over the place about making multiple accounts and registering hundreds of names with coupons.

In a way it's all good though, less people peddling low-quality names and more visibility for the stuff that's actually good.

Last edited:
•••
what if Godaddy lost interest in .com domains?
new TLD era is coming..

•••
•••
what if Godaddy lost interest in .com domains?
new TLD era is coming..
I doubt that. They lost money on every purchase we had made with discount codes and my guess is most domainers don't buy their other services. GDDY has shareholders to answer to. JMO

•••
I doubt that. They lost money on every purchase we had made with discount codes and my guess is most domainers don't buy their other services. GDDY has shareholders to answer to. JMO
As someone else said, they might be losing money on the front end, but are likely making it up on renewals or other services.

•••
Knew this day was coming.. Wish I would have transferred all my 4 letter domains to Godaddy with coupon codes before this, oh well... it was nice while it lasted!

This is a game changer... good and bad. Mostly good news for seasoned domainers. The bad news for me is, I would target 4 letter domains NOT registered at godaddy, just so i could transfer to Godaddy and get an extra year. GoDaddy would be wise to allow codes to work for transfers.

Cheers! Here's to all the domains i sold using GoDaddy codes, and here's to all the worthless domains registered in the name of 'learning'!!! Cheers!

R.I.P. GoDaddy Discount Codes

•••
I've tried a few codes, same issue.

GoDaddy will likely lose its #1 status if they don't revert back to their plethora of codes. Seriously, now they are "just another registrar." Nothing about them makes them any better than, say, namecheap.

•••
I've been fully expecting this ever since they deliberately blocked the registration of newly dropped domains for the first couple of hours. What I expect to happen over the coming weeks and months - if this is truly the end of their infamous coupons as we know them - is that they will instead filter through the discount club, which would make sense really since members are paying for discounts yet only getting an industry standard price. This would sweeten the pot for discount members and entice new ones in.

CouponGate will blow over and be a distant memory sooner or later but I'm still disappointed, all good things come to an end I guess.

•••
i have seen similar issues with godaddy but not this before. We should wait until aug 1st so there new coupon code may release. Only then the situation might change. Beside that july is almost over so its possible that july promos are inactive.

And one more thing its not that the total coupon process is done for. Its just they are tracking ip so one person can only use one coupon to reg seriously cheap domain i guess.

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back