NameSilo

advice GoDaddy domain push/transfer within GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Miks

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys,

Just bought couple .com domains of from NP member and had them transferred to me via GoDaddy push/account change. Great experience and looking to acquire more soon.

Funny enough within less than 24 hours of purchase I found somebody already interested acquiring one of names. Therefore I got very simple question really, but since before I had only sold names I registered my self, I know they allow you to perform push/account change if it is within GoDaddy 5 days after registering (remember member on forum saying he has transferred some domains even day or two after registering them)

Is it different, (60 day lock even between internal transfer at GoDaddy), if name has been transferred/pushed to me from other GoDaddy account?

thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Do you mean other domain registrars? If that's the case then yes you need to wait 60 days to transfer or accept it.

Good job by the way. :)

•••
Do you mean other domain registrars? If that's the case then yes you need to wait 60 days to transfer or accept it.

Good job by the way. :)

Thanks,

No, buyer is happy with push/ account change within GoDaddy, we just have a bit of negotiation going on price wise :D

Reason I asked for the advice I got in touch with GoDaddy customer service via chat and inquired for information about it and after running true same thing with him several times, it seemed to me, he had as much knowledge about this topic as I did. He seemed to point out that I must wait for 60 days, even if domain would be pushed between GoDaddy registrar accounts, because it just been transferred to me. Does not seem right, or does it?

Usually GoDaddy customer service has been very useful, but this time it's really left me wondering..

•••
Yeah I think godaddy has a push lock, what you can do is, submit an email to [email protected], asking to remove the lock, and they will give you a form that you need to submit, you need to scan a id aswell, either your passport or drivers license.

•••
•••
There is no push lock at GoDaddy. You can push to another account as many times as you like at GoDaddy, without any restrictions whatsoever.

•••
Ah kk, I wasn't 100% sure, as I haven't pushed a domain on godaddy before.

•••
Great, thank you guys for the information.

Now just a bit of negotiations to look forward to finalizing the deal and I will be looking back to real nice start for a year and hoping it gets even better :)

•••
Yes you can push the domain multiple times among multiple GD account on any given day without any restrictions. This applies to newly registered domains as well.

•••
I pushed a domain to another GD account 2 days after I bought it from someone myself who had pushed it to me so I don't think it matters as long as it's a GD account and is after the first 5 days of reg.

Good Luck with your sale.

•••
I pushed a domain to another GD account 2 days after I bought it from someone myself who had pushed it to me so I don't think it matters as long as it's a GD account and is after the first 5 days of reg.

Good Luck with your sale.

Theres no such rule applicable anymore (I think they scrapped it in October 2014 or so). You can move a domain one second after you register it (or acquire it from another GD acc) to any other GD account.

•••
Theres no such rule applicable anymore (I think they scrapped it in October 2014 or so). You can move a domain one second after you register it (or acquire it from another GD acc) to any other GD account.
I had to wait the 5 in early Dec. (2014). I tried to do a push on day 4 and had to wait till the 5 days because it wouldn't let me. I even called GD after trying to push it twice.

I wonder if there are some other type of restrictions that make some wait 5 days. Maybe if paid by Paypal or something.

I haven't tried it since then though.

•••
Thats strange. I was speaking from my experience of transferring domains among GD accounts that I've been doing since Aug 2014 atleast. I have two GD accs. I have DDC on one and I use the other one solely for GD coupons and as soon as I reg them, I move them to my other account.

And yes I always use my CC/DC and not paypal (as it doesn't work with coupons). So that could possibly be the case.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back