Dynadot

advice GoDaddy has set the price on my domain (ifxa.com) and sold it for $288 without my permission

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

leeweb168

Impact
2 weeks ago I was try to transfer my domain to other but they denied it and just got the email from them in the morning that it was sold for $288. I always have this domain for sale but not for that money

and people from godaddy are not helpful at all, they keep saying
“This is a binding transaction. When you listed the domain name, you agreed to the Terms of Service which states that once the buyer's fund shave cleared, that buyer is entitled to ownership of the domain name. As such, we consider this a valid transaction.”

What can I do now to stop them from taking my domain, I need some advice

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy cannot just "sell" your domain without you listing it in auction or listing with a price isn't it. You must have listed it somewhere with a "price". Check all your emails about this domain and see if you have listed it in marketplaces.

•••
thanks tekz999, i have about 12 LLLL.com and they're always in marketplaces but all of them not seting any price.

•••
Well, then you must check the marketplace where your domain is sold. Then contact the support of that marketplace WHEN and HOW you set the price. Or maybe you accepted and offer, and that will bind a sale. They must have a log of price setting, including time frame in the system. You must have a set a price for it to be sold.

•••
thanks tekz999 again, my question is can i stop this or how can i stop this deal.

•••
Well, you checked the TOS before you list it or with a price tag. This is already binding. You may try crediting the escrow fee to the marketplace service provider as a compensation to void the sale, but it is up to them to decide now.

•••
it was a no reserve auction or what ? could anyone write here a classification of gd auctions and sales types ?

•••
There's no way out of this. The domain belongs to buyer. $288 ain't too bad. Take the money. Go on a holiday. De-stress from what GoDaddy did to you.

•••
thanks tekz999 again, my question is can i stop this or how can i stop this deal.
Nope, you can not, GD will push domain to the new owner account without your knowledge or permission. Recently one of my 6N .coms was sold on exactly way as yours 4L but for much less amount of money. I didn't try to contact GD and I didn't try to stop the transfer, I just let it go but I have learned a nice lesson for the future.

•••
Without you listing the domain on auction GD can't sell it..
I guess you have listed it and someone bought it using BIN but you want to retain the name isn't it?
Talk to GD and pay some penalty or let it go..

•••
I'm not sure what happened, but I've bought several domains at GD for BIN prices, then got an email several days later saying the transaction wouldn't be completed and that my money would be refunded.

I'm not sure what the sellers told GD, but there's a way to keep the transaction from going through.

•••
Is it possible that the previous owner of the domain listed it on the auctions and did not remove the listing before selling it to you? Their system is buggy. Does not remove listings automatically. They made me buy an auctions membership to sell a domain that sold at BIN two years after my auctions membership expired. Regardless to say the price was outdated and I made a loss.

•••
why set buynow.. especially for changing 4l market, why have buynow. sometimes you forget to change it.. and domain sells $100 below next days market value ;)

Last edited:
•••
This happened to me today...

Last week, I won a domain (4n.co) on GD auctions (transaction assured). Today, I received an email from the seller stating he could not cancel auction in time (whatever). I called GD gave them the info they credited my paypal instantly. Funny thing is was the domain is still the same owner and email address from whois that the godaddy rep had stated being the owner. I asked why not push it to my account then? He claimed the seller has been blacklisted.

My question still is? If they are the register why can't they just auto push it? Seems always just seen the domain disappear from my account when I sold them.

I'm not really upset because I did get my money back instantly (few hundred dollars).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back