Dynadot

GoDaddy increases DDC price 2x - $240 a year

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Godaddy is doubling their price for the DDC this year... I am highly disappointed! I have been with them forever.

I feel this is 100% due to their Expired Auctions... They know they have us. If you do the math you might be inclined to write this off as you can make your money back from auction purchases. But to me it feels like I am being extorted. A 2x price increase over 1 year seems greedy! :$::blackeye:

This year:
EnHcgpEVkAQOehW

Last Year:
EnHcvp8VoAMgklh

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Porkbun annihilates everyone imo. Hands down.
Price wise. Great humour and feel about the place.
No upsells. Easy to navigate. Just everything !

•••
Anyone who has the existing Domain Discount club will be able to renew it at the $120 a year rate. You are price locked at that price. The new price only impacts new purchasers.
Hello Joe,

Is it still actual ?

Thanks.

•••
I want to awaken this thread. Trying to get club cheaper it is not showing to renew at old price but new price of $240yr. So maybe the pricing rules changed.

•••
I want to awaken this thread. Trying to get club cheaper it is not showing to renew at old price but new price of $240yr. So maybe the pricing rules changed.
Shortly after the price increase you could still ask for a discount. Shortly afterwards, however, the scope of the delivery changed, because Domain Academy also became part of the subscription. This makes it easier for GoDaddy to say that you are no longer eligible for a discount.

Further, it is not the case that everyone who had a DDC membership was also interested in Domain Academy, and especially not year after year.

In any case, and I have emphasized this a couple of times before, GoDaddy prices for domain registration and renewal are still higher than with other registrars, even when you take the DDC discount into account.

Last edited:
•••
My membership expired about a year ago. I asked about any discounts, and they said there were none. Several times over the past year while I was on the phone with customer service, they tried to sell me on the DDC. I told them that other registrars were cheaper, with no membership required and that was why I'm transferring my domains away. They tried to get me to stay. However, they also said they couldn't offer any discounts.

•••
Several times over the past year while I was on the phone with customer service, they tried to sell me on the DDC.
They do this very aggressively, indeed. Even put DDC membership into your cart without asking.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back