IT.COM

GoDaddy, Namecheap and Name.com and + questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I have few domains names that I need to transfer but I have some questions:

1) Do Godaddy and Namecheap allow me to change my contact info/whois info after I register with them? Because these two companies have paid privacy protection so if I can change it by myself I can save some money.

2) Is Name.com ok? My choice is for this company because of the price and the free privacy protection but it's a little difficult to find information about this company because the domain name is so generic. I found a list of the largest and the fastest growing companies but I could not find name.com.

3) I have 2 web hosting accounts that are expiring soon (in 1 week), will I lose the right to manage my domains? I contacted them and they say that there is no problem but how do people here have experienced with it? Should I transfer my domains as soon as possible to not have problem? Should I put real whois information before my web hosting plan expires?

4) Which company should I go and why? Godaddy, Namecheap or Name.com?

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

sorry this topic should be in Domain Newbies, I don't remember why it is here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back