Domain Empire

news GODADDY PURCHASES GDDY.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ramkumaritrvs

Happiest man in the worldTop Member
Impact
GODADDY PURCHASES GDDY.COM THROUGH RIGHT OF THE DOT, LLC

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., April 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the world's largest technology provider dedicated to small businesses, announced today it has bought the domain name GDDY.com. When visited, GDDY.com takes individuals to GoDaddy's Investor Relations page, enabling anyone to quickly find out more about the company. Right of the Dot, LLC, a domain name consulting service, helped broker the sale of the name.

"We knew the majority of people typing in GDDY.com would want to know more about the company, so it made sense to get the name and point it to our Investor Relations page," said GoDaddy Senior Vice President and General Manager, Domains Mike McLaughlin. "There are a lot of companies, large and small, that miss the opportunity to use domain names to make it easy for visitors. The right domain name gets visitors exactly where they want to go, eliminating extra steps and time."

About 20 percent of the Fortune 500 have their stock ticker as a domain name. Of the nearly 100 domain names, only two use it direct people to their investor relations page. Most have their domain names pointing to their home page.

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WoW!!! Thats great!
Shortname!

•••
I tip my hat to them for being smart enough to forward it to their investor relations page instead of just to their homepage at GoDaddy.com, smart move!

•••
Good/Smart buy for GoDaddy...I wonder how much they pay for it. Talk about being the lucky person owning GDDY.com :) I bet they got a nice penny because it wouldn't be hard to tell who was interested in the name.

This plus the recent portfolio they purchased from Marchex...Somebody is on a buying spree :-o

•••
godaddy is really amazing!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back