NameSilo

GoDaddy reseller files suit against Verisign

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Caught this one from a stock website...

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 7, 2003--California Gubernatorial Candidate David Sams (R-Agoura Hills), Chairman of David Sams Industries, Inc., says that his company has filed a lawsuit in United States District Court in California against VeriSign, Inc. (Nasdaq:VRSN) for alleged:

1. Fraud

2. Breach of Contract

3. Breach of the Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing

4. Tortious Interference with Contract

5. Tortious Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage

6. Copyright Infringement

7. Conversion

8. Violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act

9. Unfair Competition

10. Declaratory Relief
Mentioned Last Change
VRSN 14.36 (Unchanged)
"VeriSign and its wholly owned subsidiary Enic Corporation simply hijacked our Internet business -- taking away 100,000-plus domain names from us," states Sams. "They may be the 800-pound gorilla of Internet commerce, but we have to stand up and protect and defend the rights of our customers." Sams' gubernatorial platform has highlighted protecting the rights of small business.

David Sams Industries, Inc. owns and operates some of the Internet's most successful businesses including www.SamsDirect.com , where domain names sell for under $10 per year versus $35 per year through VeriSign's Network Solutions.

David Sams is a nine-time Emmy(R) Award winning television producer, director, and writer. As head of marketing for King World, Sams helped to launch the OPRAH WINFREY SHOW, and turned WHEEL OF FORTUNE and JEOPARDY! into household names.

In 1999, he and his wife/business partner Renee started SamsDirect Internet and quickly built it into one of the Internet's Cinderella stories. Sams also heads up CNI Holdings, Inc. (Christian Network Holdings) which delivers faith-based programming to nearly 80 million U.S. television households.

This case is currently pending in the United States District Court in Los Angeles, Case Number CV03-686NM (Ex).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by FruitFish

"VeriSign and its wholly owned subsidiary Enic Corporation simply hijacked our Internet business -- taking away 100,000-plus domain names from us," states Sams. "They may be the 800-pound gorilla of Internet commerce, but we have to stand up and protect and defend the rights of our customers." Sams' gubernatorial platform has highlighted protecting the rights of small business.

Hmmm.... what happened? Are other GoDaddy resellers subject to Verisign hijacking?

•••
I had the problem myself. A domain I had purchased from my own website, and selected to have my website park the page. Don't remember exactly when, but for about a week straight, whenever I would try the site, instead of getting my parked page, I'de get the SiteFinder page. Really pissed me off, but hey at least I didn't get 10,000+ hijacked from me...

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back