Dynadot

Google AdSense

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dbtbandit67

Team USAEstablished Member
Impact
Does anyone else think that Google lowers the earnings of a particular domain if it has historically delivered poor conversions?

I got 2 clicks for a mini-site I have on Mobility Scooters but only got paid $.13 each for $.26 total which I think is pathetic. It's either the advertising dollars are that bad for that niche or Google is punishing me. I believe it's the prior.

But let's look on the bright side: I get hits and clicks off copy and pasted free content all because of the domain. U-S-A! U-S-A!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree - I think sometimes a 'new' website may get slightly better ads/revenue than one that's been on the system for a while. Just a hunch I've picked up, could be wrong ;)

Also remember, though, that advertisers for particular keywords change all the time.

I had a site before and a new advertiser appeared and was paying high amounts per click for around a month (before, I assume, realising their mistake ;)) - this one website went from around $1 per day to $9+ per day just due to this one advertiser.

Then the left that niche/changed their bid amount, and my revenue dropped again.

•••
Mobility scooters is perfect to put up some EPN ads, so i put up 1 EPN banner in addition to the 2 Google Adsense ones that are already on it.

Might decrease the Adsense earnings, but would rather give that a shot vs. settling for .13/click. Unacceptable

•••
Does anyone else think that Google lowers the earnings of a particular domain if it has historically delivered poor conversions?

"Think" has nothing to do with it. It's called Smart Pricing, and Google is very upfront about the fact that they do exactly that.

I agree - I think sometimes a 'new' website may get slightly better ads/revenue than one that's been on the system for a while.

Adsense doesn't necessarily decrease over time. My two primarily-adsense sites (my focus is on affiliate sites these days) have both been live since 2005 and still get clicks in the $0.50-$2.00 range, which is where they've been all along. But the ads on both sites are very well matched to the (original, unique :) ) content.

•••
prices for links sold by Google go up and down based on demand, so if there is more demand for your site or whatever keywords are associated with your landing page that's how pricing will be determined.

•••

I got 2 clicks for a mini-site I have on Mobility Scooters but only got paid $.13 each for $.26 total which I think is pathetic. It's either the advertising dollars are that bad for that niche or Google is punishing me. I believe it's the prior.

But let's look on the bright side: I get hits and clicks off copy and pasted free content all because of the domain. U-S-A! U-S-A!

Some people do earn good money per click: for me, its always $0.03 per click :( What you earn per click is a good earning for me :)

You can improve the overall earnings via trying to increase the CTR and targeted traffic. Also, you can use adsense competitive filter to block irrelevant ads.

•••
Well, if it is a dropped one, then i don't think so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back