Dynadot

Google and Facebook to use google.xyz , youtube.xyz, Facebook.xyz (SUPPOSE)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

arjun29

Top Member
Impact
Let's suppose that google, facebook and godaddy use google.xyz, youtube.xyz , facebook.xyz, godaddy.xyz from next week completely.

What will be there in the domain name industry next year and the possible threads in namepros, 2017 July.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Clickbait or not Clickbait that is the question:)

Since I'm here i suppose it's more likely imo they will use .google, .godaddy, .Facebook.

•••
Let's suppose that google, facebook and godaddy use google.xyz, youtube.xyz , facebook.xyz, godaddy.xyz from next week completely.

I suppose Negari would be stoked if that happened.

Why would Google, Facebook, and GoDaddy support .XYZ when they aren't invested / owners of .XYZ? If Negari offered Google, Facebook, and GoDaddy equity ownership, then I suppose there would be an incentive.

Otherwise, I agree with @Brandingtheweb.com, Google is more likely to use .Google than .xyz.​

upload_2016-7-11_21-51-49.png

See Registry.Google for more​

•••
Clickbait or not Clickbait that is the question:)

Since I'm here I suppose it's more likely imo they will use .google, .godaddy, .Facebook.
I am just giving xyz as an example. Everyone here knows its almost 0% chance of this happening. It's just a scenario like "what domain you would register if you were in 1995" :)

•••
I am just giving xyz as an example. Everyone here knows its almost 0% chance of this happening. It's just a scenario like "what domain you would register if you were in 1995" :)

Ahhh! What do you think would happen in the domaining world if major companies boycotted .com's in support of new TLDs? ;)

•••
Ahhh! What do you think would happen in the domaining world if major companies boycotted .com's in support of new TLDs? ;)

Lol... if that ever happened I would probably be able to afford to buy a small island... :laugh:

•••
•••
Well as long as we're planning ahead in a hypothetical world, I recommend you purchase the Crown Island in Ontario Canada for a purchase price of $1,790,000 CAD.

Hhhhaha I actually did see this like a year ago...I probably still have it bookmarked somewhere.... not that I was realistically shopping for Islands...but still nice to go off on a tangent every now and then and do some daydreaming online :)

•••
Hhhhaha I actually did see this like a year ago...I probably still have it bookmarked somewhere....

Ahhh, well if you can prove the bookmark, I will remove any intentions I had to purchasing the island. I found this island after you suggested a small island is within a domainers budget.

still nice to go off on a tangent every now and then and do some daydreaming online :)

I daydream of throwing parties on Alcatraz and living in a domainer start-up household similar to that of Silicon Valley. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
BWHAHHAHAAHH CLASSIC!!!! :)

•••

Ahhh, well if you can prove the bookmark, I will remove any intentions I had to purchasing the island. I found this island after you suggested a small island is within a domainers budget.​

ahhh don't worry. I have the domain naqara in the dot com, so you can own the domain of Naqara Island in Fiji, and that too in your budget.

•••

What will be there in the domain name industry next year and the possible threads in namepros, 2017 July.

In the scenario you dream of, perhaps the most active post in Namepros will be:
Namepros files UDRP against domainer who own namepros.xyz

•••
ahhh don't worry. I have the domain naqara in the dot com, so you can own the domain of Naqara Island in Fiji, and that too in your budget.

Given the scope of this thread, Naqara in the dot com would have little to no value.

I'll wait for Naqara.Island to come out should I decide to buy the domain of a small Fijian island ;)

In the scenario you dream of, perhaps the most active post in Namepros will be:
Namepros files UDRP against domainer who own namepros.xyz

Has NamePros ever filed a UDRP? I assume NamePros would contact the domain owner, and request ownership of the domain, opposed to filing an UDRP against them. UDRP would be a last resort given the time, cost, and resources involved.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back