NameSilo

Google Announces Chrome Operating System

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Very interesting! :o

Ouch. Just as Microsoft was poised to continue its netbook dominance with Windows 7, Google on Wednesday announced an OS of its own, Google Chrome OS, which will run on both x86 and ARM systems.

The emphasis of the OS is the same as what netbooks were originally designed for: light, Web-based computing. Obviously, Windows XP wasn't designed for such a scenario, but its relative light weight, low cost, and familiarity have made it a big hit with netbook buyers [...]

Google Announces Chrome Operating System - News and Analysis by PC Magazine

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i was reading a lot about the new google os and just came to namepros to share the news. thanks Eric for posting it

anyone brought any domains to hit the jackpot around google os :) ... G sounds interesting and i just registered a 7 year old generic drop related to new operating system

•••
Now its Portable edition is too available

•••
This os will be a real killer..
I want it ;o
Cheers,
- Wickedd00

•••
i was reading a lot about the new Google os too and hope it will be containing much improvement than the current Google has no doubt Google is the best search engine but things are not going to be stop, good change is or the betterment for the industry.

•••
Its a good news but Google can't replace Microsoft... Microsoft is in this field for many a years but still windows have lot of bugs.. so google can't match up with Microsoft.. may be in future... Its really a good start by google :) thanks a lot for this piece of info.

•••
Eagerly waiting for Chrome...i am surely gonna try it

•••
I don't think google os will even beat linux ,and microsoft is unbeatable..
Everyone will continue using windows and its brothers...
Just it has biggest compatibly!

•••
•••
Ceiling Fans

Google Chrome is an out standing browser. Very fast speed , quick browsing. Try it now for fast downloading.

•••
Its a good news but Google can't replace Microsoft... Microsoft is in this field for many a years but still windows have lot of bugs.. so google can't match up with Microsoft.. may be in future... Its really a good start by google :) thanks a lot for this piece of info.

I think Android (from Google) is doing quite well against MSFT in the mobile space. Google may deny it being a gPhone, but it sure is a pretty well-received application platform for smartphones :)

Rob

•••
Google Chrome

Thanks for the latest information you have shared.

Thanks for the NamePros Forum. I came to know before the newpaper publish it news.

Ezhil_09

•••
Hi! Thanks a lot for the info guys! I would lke to give a try and see who does it work! share your opinion about pluses an d minuses of the new Chrome!

•••
i had read in my newspaper few days ago about it s development.

•••
Google Chrome has fast speed and quick browsing.

•••
Chrome is faster than other browser

•••
Finally some competition for Microsoft :P.....any chance this is open-source too?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back