Domain Empire

Google Domains is renewing domain names for free

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
"Select customers who turn on auto renew by July 11 get a free one year renewal.

Google Domains, Google’s newish domain name registration service, is renewing domain names for free.

The company sent an email to some of its customers today, offering to renew their domain names free for a year if they turn on auto renew.

The offer only applies to domain names registered before June 21, so you can’t register domain names today and get two years for one. However, for domains registered prior to that date, all customers have to do is turn on auto renew by July 11."

Source: DomainNameWire

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think I've come across a single domain which I've been interested in that's under Google.

•••
i have few domains with them but lost the offer although.
Good luck.

•••
that's one way to test your auto-renew system. :)

•••
So, if my domain is about to expire on Godaddy... I can trasfer it and renew it for free with Google?

•••
So, if my domain is about to expire on Godaddy... I can trasfer it and renew it for free with Google?
Pretty sure there are going to be stipulations about having to have purchased from Google and prior to June 21, 2015.

Last edited:
•••
Then, what is the cheapest way to renew a godaddy domain?

•••
You may be able to find a coupon code, depending on the extension. Or you can transfer to another registrar, but not for free. Check DomComp.com for pricing on pretty much every TLD.

•••
If you have several domains with Go Daddy, my advice is to join their club for $100 a year, and you can renew your domains with 30% discount if I'm not mistaken! wich is a pretty good deal....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back