Dynadot

discuss Google Translate: "Fish Smashing Pain" (2L, 3L, 4L, and 5L)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So last month I registered a non-CHIP domain: XYZat.com and decided (for fun) to run it through Google Translate.

Chinese meaning: "Fish Smashing Pain." ( 小鱼砸痛 )​

I have no idea what it means -- well, it has to do with pain -- and Google and Baidu Search were no help.

These odd translations are not limited to domains with vowels.

For example,

Spysh = "Sign Doctors" ( 实拍医生 ), which I interpreted as meaning a professor who specializes in sign language, so that at least makes some kind of sense.​

So I thought I would start a thread in which members can add their own Google Translate definitions for their 2L, 3L, 4L, and 5L domains, any extension -- the weirder/funnier, the better.

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not specially funny but my WQFG translates to "completely covered".

•••
Not specially funny but my WQFG translates to "completely covered".

Okay to post good ones, too.

Why not? :)

This one is nice because it can relate to insurance -- everyone wants to be "completely covered" by an insurance policy.

•••
I just wonder how good these translations are. Because some of my domains are gems according to it.

like gaod = get

•••
Be careful with software as the translations are very bad.
Note that when you are using software to translate acronyms,
you are not just asking it to translate.
You are asking the software to decipher, interpret, and then translate.
That's a recipe for disaster.

I can see why certain character combination can be interpreted as something by a computer.
But from a language perspective, nobody speaks chinese that way.

Many of the translations are like saying LDJGG means to "look dorky just go go".
And the software tell you that the meaning is to "be dorky".

•••
i just ran one of my 5L brandables and it translated to "Karma favorite" :)

•••
Many of the translations are like saying LDJGG means to "look dorky just go go".
And the software tell you that the meaning is to "be dorky".

Software says it is "LD laser tube"

•••
Software says it is "LD laser tube"
I'm explaining what it is like.
And I use english in that hypothetical example so that non-chinese speakers can understand what it would be like when using software to interpret acronyms into chinese phrases, and translate into meanings.

•••
This one's funny, another pronounceable 5L brandable i have translates to,

"Oh, look at Japan West"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back