Domain Empire

Google update - Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Recently, i modified my meta description and meta keyowrd tags for one of my domains. On the last google search engine ranking update (may 8th i beleive), this caused my domain to lose its #1 position on many keywords that i had set before...now, if i am not mistaken, i should be able to get my ranking back as soon as the next google update happens or as soon as google picks up the changes once i have restored the initial meta tags....right!?

If i want google to crawl it as soon as possible, is there a code i can add ''temporarily'' in my html source that will tell google to re-cache the domain again as it was before, and if so, is this risky? SHould i just wait for Google to pick it up again eventually on its own or should i try to push it to do so now? Also, i have to mention that this site is a PR5 site as well, so should i take that into consideration? I must not lose this PR5 and i must regain my top rankings asap.

THanks
Mat

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I doubt that any changes in the description and keywords meta tags are the reason to why you have lost the #1 spot.
Google pays very little attention to them.

Google updates it's SERPS (Rankings) every day, and it looks like they may have change the ranking algo a bit as well at the beginning of this month.
There have been many strange results.

I "lost" a #1 spot for a keyword I've been number 1 over 2 years now, but it's been bouncing up and down from 1 to 4 daily the last few days.

So just keep calm, and don't do anything in "panic", since it's very likely you'll get the #1 spot again soon anyway... :)

•••
Google works in mysterious ways ;)

I also noticed today that i lost my #7 position in Google for a search term that returns over 4 mill results. From #7 i am now on #45 .

Some rankins for some of my keywords have improved. Some didn't.

Dont panic and just wait :)

•••
yes, search engines change constantly. Right now I'm on the first page for 'Professional Webdesign' on msn... but nowhere to be found on google.

•••
It's normal. But, I believe it is not with the meta tags. Google is sometimes unpredictable. You simply have to keep up and observe very well. The most important thing is you don't cheat the system. :)

Sometimes, it is a hit and miss. But, once you get used to it, it will come out natural.

Take care!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back