Watch

Centauri

Established Member
Impact
Hey,

now that GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is so hyped,
and news GPT .com sold for over $40k,
chatgpt.com valued at $29 bio. recently,

its maybe time to have a small but dedicated thread for GPT.

Do you own any names?

chat-gpt-examples.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
In just one day on DAN numbers of GPT jump from 17.1k to 18.5k ( all position & all extension )
GPT at the end of a phrase are almost 8k

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
According to this source from twitter, the request by OpenAI to trademark GPT was rejected by USPTO. This is good news for both endusers and domain investors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230426-073309_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20230426-073309_Opera.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 47
•••
According to this source from twitter, the request by OpenAI to trademark GPT was rejected by USPTO. This is good news for both endusers and domain investors.

OpenAi petitioned the USPTO to expedite the review process, but that petition was dismissed last week... Their application to trademark GPT is still under review i.e., no decision has been made yet.

•••
•••
Open AI does not want other names used together with GPT - like bloombergGPT. Understandable, as they want to stand out from the crowd. however, I think the genie is already out of the bottle, too many big names crowned themselves with the GPT extension, see bloombergGPT. their legal department must be state of the art.

And to drop some domains myself, here's a selection, all in /com

usb/gpt/
controllers/gpt
finpro/gpt
marketwatch/gpt
livebet/gpt; livebetting/gpt
autodetect/gpt
autodetect/ai
uncover/gpt
install/autogpt
autogpt/installer
buildmy/gpt
gpt/pros
gpt/profis
fullserviced/gpt
serviced/gpt
plugandplay/gpt
plugnplay/gpt
workmate/gpt
gpt/workmate
valet/gpt
neutral/gpt
objective/gpt
parents/gpt
myfamily/gpt
greenery/gpt
bloodwork/gpt --> gets a ton of visitors, as gpt also refers to some blood marker
healthspan/gpt
talmud/gpt
tanakh/gpt
kosher/gpt
cameo/gpt
nyu/gpt
girogpt
sirius/gpt
ginger/gpt
gpt4/agents
gpt5/agents

aaaaand: MILF/gpt ;)
Nice list!

I'm not expecting GPT being granted trademark. It's been a common architecture in AI/ML for 7 years now and parts invented elsewhere including Google. It's wouldn't make sense. One of the execs just tweeted it would clear things up so I shared it. It's still kind of hazy. Lol

•••
•••
•••
In just one day on DAN numbers of GPT jump from 17.1k to 18.5k ( all position & all extension )
GPT at the end of a phrase are almost 8k
NOW 24000 listed & only .com 😯
5k new listed in only 24H

•••
•••
•••
It seems Bloomberg got their BloombergGPT approved. Any many other companies registering keyword+GPT or GPT + keyword and they all got approved and are live.

Source: https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/search

gpt-tm.png

gpt-tm2.png

Last edited:
•••
gizmodo.com/openai-chatgpt-trademark-gpt-4-gpt-5-sam-altman-1850372384

They got denied

•••
It seems Bloomberg got their BloombergGPT approved. Any many other companies registering keyword+GPT or GPT + keyword and they all got approved and are live.

Source: https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/search

Show attachment 236548

Show attachment 236549

“LIVE” (on that page) doesn’t necessarily mean a TM itself has been granted/registered; it’s more like an indication of an active filing for a given name.

To check the status of a TM application when using TESS, click TSDR (Trademark Status and Document Retrieval). It's right next to the name and under the “Check Status” column.

I checked the status of a couple of names in your screenshot, one of which I happen to own... They’re still pending, and I suspect that’s the case for most of those names.

•••
“LIVE” (on that page) doesn’t necessarily mean a TM itself has been granted/registered; it’s more like an indication of an active filing for a given name.

To check the status of a TM application when using TESS, click TSDR (Trademark Status and Document Retrieval). It's right next to the name and under the “Check Status” column.

I checked the status of a couple of names in your screenshot, one of which I happen to own... They’re still pending, and I suspect that’s the case for most of those names.
Thanks for the clarification and info! Was thinking about that after posting.

Last edited:
•••
😍.com😍
AuT abbreviation/acronym
Autonomous Things
Automotive Industry
Authentication
Austria
Autism
Automation

20230427_010223.jpg

•••
I'm not a trademark attorney, but it seems OPENAI might have a difficult time getting their "GPT" trademark application approved - I believe they're claiming first use in commerce of 2018. They could get it approved on the Supplemental Register, or they may claim their first use constitutes ownership. But GPT would seem to be generic and part of the AI lexicon like GAN, LLM.

Disclaimer: I own zero domains with "GPT" in the moniker.

•••
IMG_6713.jpeg
Not my sale. Just Sharing thnx

•••
I've got ShatGPT . com
I thought it sounded funny and developed a basic chap app where it would just return a random insulting or goofy reply to any question asked. I've gotten bored with it now and listing the domain for sale. It got a bunch of traffic without me sharing it with anyone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back