Dynadot

discuss .gq $19.99, not!

Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
I registered 15 .qg domains at 101domain and all priced at $19.99. It notes to call for premium pricing which is 1, 2, 3, L or N's. I reged all four LLLL's and above and was billed at $19.99 each.

Today they have responded that all of them are higher priced ranging from $79.00 per year and up to $399.00. I'm going cancel every dang one, this is false advertising IMO. -_-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It says "Please contact [email protected] for information on 1,2,3 character domains and premium domains for pricing" (emphasis mine) i.e. they don't tell you it's exclusively 1, 2 or 3 character names that are premium.
I agree it's rubbish they don't tell you what the premium ones are, but they haven't technically lied.

Quick tip to check for premiums is to try registering at Freenom.com (where the non-premiums are cheaper to buy too).

•••
They normally show premium pricing, not sure why they're not in this extension. If this is the case they should not bill your CC until a price is agreed upon. Now I'm waiting for $300.00 in refunds..

I'll check out Freenom,

•••
Why register .gq domains ?

•••
They normally show premium pricing, not sure why they're not in this extension. If this is the case they should not bill your CC until a price is agreed upon. Now I'm waiting for $300.00 in refunds..

I'll check out Freenom,

It's probably an API issue - I'd guess 101 aren't using Freenom's API (or haven't integrated it fully) and are doing registrations based on WHOIS availability and performing manual lookups for premium prices. Hence the 48-hour registration time.

Good luck with the refund.

Why register .gq domains ?

I'm curious about this too. Very, very small market & danger of the extension being seen as another .tk. Would be very cautious before spending any money. Good luck regardless!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back