Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDon

Mr Big StuffVIP Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it is catchy, Not sure what would be the best use though.

•••
Re: HateTV.com

Originally posted by KingDon
What do you think of HateTV.com any good?

I like ... and I know you got it for a steal! :)
Jerry Springer, Geraldo (kinda), Jenny ... it's ALL "hate" TV. You've heard of "Real TV"? Only downside, it that the word "Hate" is tough to market ... it would not be a main site, but a forward or S/E domain.
$75 - $125 IMHO.
Best of Luck.

•••
I like what you've got so far on the site... should be interesting to see what you have planned. Are you going to continue development?

•••
Yea RJ, there is lots more to come. Just not sure which path to take, any ideas on how to twist this?

•••
Here's some food for thought ...

http://www.whitedot.org/

http://www.tvturnoff.org/

Something along those lines. If you want to really turn the volume up and get some pub, you could delare war against television. Get vivid images of your group destroying TV sets, burning them in piles, smashing them off buildings, shooting them with your AK-47. Treat it like a real war vs a real enemy. Take it seriously and then drop some press releases. You might even get play by the media... the Daily Show at least. ;)

•••
Great idea, that is food for thought, sounds workable, Thanks RJ.

•••
OK, how about a test, can you think of some really over the top questions? Check out how it looks now, HateTV.com do you think this is the right direction?

•••
•••
UHH OOO, 22!!!!! Did you have a TV on while taking the test? I'll have to build a 12 step program for you buddy (with a very nominal fee) I'm glad you like it, I will try and find pictures of people smashing tv's, there must be a picture somewhere of the TV Elvis shot, and stick on on each question page.

I would love to do the script thing for the quiz, but I have this block in my mind when setting up CGI, just can't get it to work. I will try it though and see what happens. If you can think of any questions to ask let me know, thanks for the links.

•••
Check hotscripts for something in maybe php, would be easier to set up

•••
$30-$50+
JMHO
Good Luck!

•••
I really don't want to sell this, just want to have a site that I can play with and make into a total joke. I know some of the questions are lame, but #8 and #10 are pretty funny. I hope to get all of the like that, print some t-shirts, just a site to lighten the day, not looking for the payday on this one.

Can any one suggest a good question to ask, something like #8 or #10? HateTV.com

•••
Oh and as far as the IHateTV.com, the guy wants 1Mil for it. He also wants to rebuild the world, I'll have to wait for the drop. But I'm not even sure it's worth the reg fee.

•••
Originally posted by KingDon
I really don't want to sell this, just want to have a site that I can play with and make into a total joke. I know some of the questions are lame, but #8 and #10 are pretty funny. I hope to get all of the like that, print some t-shirts, just a site to lighten the day, not looking for the payday on this one.

Can any one suggest a good question to ask, something like #8 or #10? HateTV.com

The name doesn't have much resell value IMO.
But after looking at the site. I like your concept.
Keep up the good work :)

•••
Here's what I want to do with every page, find a cartoon like this one I smooshed together from 3 other ones, so they all work with the question. Do you think this is funny? http://hatetv.com/question-10.html Then I'll make up T-shirts, should be cool for school, any thoughts?

•••
I guess you can have a much better potential with this name.
There is so many things to do agaisnt the TV, and for me the best would be a discussion forum or a photo gallery of the best TV crash......
Anyway, as it is the appraise section, i won't be appraise it to high, as for me it is not an easy brandable name and the hate with the TV are not a perfect word combination (to say it hear like A T V).... So i would like to say- 80-125 $.
But i find the name sincerly funny.
So it can be a lot more when devellopped.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back