Dynadot

strategy Hello NamePros! New and looking to partner...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi all,

I am new to the forum, and didn't realize that I had an account from before (go me!)

Anyways, I consider myself someone who has a good knack at finding domains. I enjoy doing it, and it's exciting. But what I don't have is the funds to actually purchase all the domains I want, and then to put them up in like Sedo or Flippa as premium listings. Anything else is just a waste of money in my opinion. I have one there now that's sat for a week and only has 22 views and 1 follower.

Anyways, I'd like to team up with someone who would like to have someone like me who is aggressive towards making money and wants to learn more about flipping in this industry.

Right now, I have been researching for the past couple of days, and I have over 150 domains that have been plucked and I think have some potential, based on global searches and local search results. Some of these are gTLDs and others aren't. But the .io industry is blowing up, and there are quite a few of these that actually have serious potential.

These range from .com, .net, .us, .org, .info, .io, .it, .at
Domain lengths range from 4 letters 1 syllable, to 20+ characters.

Anything from court related, to software related, adult content,
sms, personal issues, internet issues, drinks, marriage, web code
and more...

I don't have an Estibot account yet but would like to get one to speed up the process of this. But I can tell you that one domain (.io) that I looked up on Estibot, had an appraisal of $3500. So that tells me, if I can find one with a decent appraisal value, I can find others as well.

This is my primary purpose for joining this forum.

I'd like to find someone who does this all the time and has the finances. I'd like to partner up with this person and I would do the research, and find the available domains based on things like keywords, trends, availability, etc. The potential partner would help further evaluate the domains and figure out if they are worth putting up in places like Flippa and Sedo. If they are, the partner would then pay for the premium listings for those domains.

The end result would be a 70/30 split. 70% to the domain investor if you will for purchasing and listing the domains as premiums so they get more views and attract more attention, and 30% for me for doing the keyword research and finding availabilities.

On the domain that is appraised at $3500 we could net $3k and the investor still gets $2100 for the domain!
I'd make $900. The investor takes the gross, minuses the domain purchase and premium listing fees, and the net is split 70/30.

Of course we would have to come up with some sort of written agreement between us. I am not about to hand over a list of over 150 domains and growing - all of which are available domains on a forum agreement.

So if any of this interests you, let me know. Either reply here or send me a message. I am very easy going, relatively smart, a coder too, and just want to make money :)

Thanks for reading and thanks more importantly for having me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome back to NP. So the domain investor has to fund the domain purchase, find a buyer to sell the domain, and pay you 30% because you found the available domain? Many domain investors would be like no thanks.
It's a bad idea to buy domains based on Estibot appraisal.

•••
I will be honest - out of the gate, I have no money to be doing this. Outside of snagging a domain here or there. But as this progressed, then I would gladly take on the bulk of the work. I sit in front of my computer 12 hours a day doing a variety of things - besides coding.

But for the first round or two, to help me get setup on the ability to list domains for premium listings, yeah, I would need some help. I'd even adjust the percentage downward some on my side. I want to learn more than what I already know, but I also want to make some money doing this.

So negotiations are always welcome :) I'm easy.

•••
welcome to the namepros forum.

•••
•••
Hello welcome to name pros,

It's going to be hard to have someone to pay for premiums, if they don't have the domain name in there possession.

don't base everything off estibot.
if you don't have the money for It you can use epik appraisal it's free and it gives the same evaluation.

If you are buying .io domains you should try flippa. Over a premium listing.

•••
thank you @imadoer for the help! Much appreciated

•••
•••
Welcome, or welcome back, to NamePros. Your intro is great, as you have seen in the response from others one thing you will quickly learn is to throw Estibot out of the equation; it's not a great influencer on domain value or selling a name.

Take all of that energy and start learning as much as possible, buy some names for cheap and sell them for a decent profit. Repeat the process, that's all you really need to do.

I wish you good luck and much success friend!

•••
Welcome to NP :)

Register (Invest) $2 on any of your (Premium) domain & flip it to min of $100.

Invest again $100 and flip it to min of $1000.

Invest again $1000 and flip it to min of $10000.

etc.,

•••
Welcome to Namepros. This is my first time to see an introduction post that is so detailed and full of passion. I would love to be part of your team. I don't have the finances but we can talk about valuation and everything about domain names. :)

•••
Let also welcome you to the forum, @MrTechie wishing you succe$$

•••
•••
Ah, yes, the benefits of not having the money. Woke up this morning and one of the .io domains was registered. Epik said it was worth about $4k too.

•••
•••
Note saying that's what I am going by all together. But when there are over 300k local search results, it's a bit enticing :)

•••
•••
Hi, Welcome to Namepros. I am just wondering if you have 150 domains and still looking for a partner? Why don't you try to sell your best domain to generate enough money and eat full cake instead of taking a piece of 30%?
Just believe in yourself man, go ahead and put your best domains here on Namepros. its free to try and try again, I hope once you sold any item for a good price, you will be able to reach Flippa premium listing.

Good luck

•••
That's the problem, I don't have the domains, I just know they are available. I don't have the cash to be buying them up. I wish I had the $, because I would snag them up in an instant.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Hello, welcome to namepros.!!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back