IT.COM

How can I get some extra money?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey,

My parents have just moved out and ive foundout i cant get any money from the goverment :( So with that, ive gotta earn my own money now. and ive found myself rather poor. whyle supporting myself, im also trying to save for a trip to the uk later in the year.

any idear on what i can do to earn some extra money? Anyone making money off a paypal site? or a good affilaite site or somthing? Im basicly after anything, ive got alot of free time, have made alot of sites and ran alot of forums but never realy tryeid to make a profit.

Thanks

QBert

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try either web hosting or jsut going to to your local pizza place or whatever ;)

That normally works :tu:

•••
•••
develop one of your popular traffic names, if you have a good one and put loads of affiliate programs on it
or you could develop/run websites for people for a certain amount a month

•••
A bank usaually has millions in it at any time... LOL

Well hmmm... I don't know if this works Aussie but you can buy a ton of stuff, keep getting loans, declare bankruptcy, sell all the stuff. I know, seems too easy to be true... LOL

Well since they won't give it to you, see if you can embezzle it. LOL

Okay seriously now, I have a betting strategy for roulette which has worked each time I've tried it, on several different games and websites...

You could try and get into the domain business, being on this forum you should have learned a bit, atleast enought to make some money.

•••
also try posting alot at NP :D you will probably be rich after a few thousand posts :D

•••
LOL, namepros is homepage, however i still havent made it rich off the np$'s. I think im going to give webhosting a shot, that was what got me into domains. ive had a few clients hosted on my reseller plan for ages with no site. i think if i sell of some developed sites and save a bit i can put about a grand into developing a host.

How hard is it to get into, seems as if everyone has a webhosting company these days.

•••
unbreakablemouse said:
also try posting alot at NP :D you will probably be rich after a few thousand posts :D

LOL, it's impossible for me to make more then 20 posts an hour, which is a MAXIUM of $1.20 an hour. And I think it's the same for almost everyone...

•••
QBert said:
LOL, namepros is homepage, however i still havent made it rich off the np$'s. I think im going to give webhosting a shot, that was what got me into domains. ive had a few clients hosted on my reseller plan for ages with no site. i think if i sell of some developed sites and save a bit i can put about a grand into developing a host.

How hard is it to get into, seems as if everyone has a webhosting company these days.

It sure isnt easy, but its doable!

Just PM me, or add me via IM, and ill give you some help and tips :_

•••
Sabre Hosting said:
It sure isnt easy, but its doable!

Just PM me, or add me via IM, and ill give you some help and tips :_

I hope you're talking about webhosting, not posting for NP then selling them :p

•••
Hey QBert hope you know what your getting into man B-) Webhosting can be real frustrating at times and getting the clients is probably the hardest part =\

•••
You could get a real job at a local fast food place or something. Got a Best Buy or Ciruit City near you?

•••
LOL im having the same problem with money...i have 2 months until i can get a real job...if you call fast food real.....But ive been desperate for money so i can get out and do things! Well i hope i can last until then LOL....Good luck bro and i feel your pain.

•••
BaSsMaNjR5 said:
LOL im having the same problem with money...i have 2 months until i can get a real job...if you call fast food real.....But ive been desperate for money so i can get out and do things! Well i hope i can last until then LOL....Good luck bro and i feel your pain.

Wow our ages are pretty close, you are 2 weeks older then I am...

If you need money here is something very easy to do, just look around where masses of people walk through. I have seen people drop $20's quite a few times actually, though working at fast food would probabally pay more LOL.

Kodeking, I think BestBuy and Circuit city is only in America. QBert, look for a Comp USA LOL.

•••
I work in a shop every saturday for £15 a week! I only work from 8:30am till 1:00pm. Thats in a Post Office in a sleepy village so things are slow and peaceful here and work working at min wage!

To get money... any good at webdesign? I'm not too bad, but I just made $50 and I am getting £200 soon!!!

Have fun though, whatever you do

unbreakablemouse said:
Hey QBert hope you know what your getting into man B-) Webhosting can be real frustrating at times and getting the clients is probably the hardest part =\

hmm... I have thought about setting up a webhost, how hard is it exactly?

Can someone tell me the steps to getting a webhost? I think you have to set up a reseller account don't you, do you get paid for each customer, or do you have to raise the prices so that you make a profit?

Heh heh... you are right, I probably don't know what I am getting into! :)

Thanks a lot (in advance!)

•••
Get about a million posts here at NP, and I am sure you can be rich in no time ;D

•••
fract0s said:
Get about a million posts here at NP, and I am sure you can be rich in no time ;D
Lmao ;) That is if people will buy if someone reached over 1 million posts ;)

•••
Just how much do you make from PPC anyway? (I'm just curious, since I'm starting a few sites of my own and I'd like to know what I'm getting into ^_^;)

On a side note, if your looking for a way to make some spare money, I recommend ... ... ... poker.

Yeah, poker ^_^; If your into domain names you problably know poker's been tagged to just about every word in the dictionary (just about) ... good reason :P most people suck. Read:

Texas Holdem
Poker Theory
Texas Holdem for Advanced Players

(Those 3 are by the same authors)

And Super System (and/or Super System II)

I'm not saying play uneducated, but playing when you know what your doing can be profitable :P

I'm not endorsing underage gambling *cough* I'm not doing it *cough* nevermind *ahem* anyway, good night ^_^

•••
In this post, I am going to address starting a webhost. Now, yes, a hell of a lot of people do run a website hosting business. However, there is a lot of room in the market for a quality host. Most of the companies out there are "we-are-cheap-so-give-us-your-money-and-we'll-go-away-and-come-back-as-a-different-name-and-take-your-money-again" hosts.

You can set up a webhost on a minimal budget, but the bigger your budget, the higher chance of survival - but the larger the investment lost if at all goes wrong.

You have to market straight away! All the time you do not have clients, all the time you are losing money. Flyers, business cards, web promotion, word-of-mouth, radio adverts (if you can afford them) and more - you have to market!

As for running the company, most reseller providers will give you WHM / CPanel for your admin CP and many give you something like ClientExec or WHMAutoPilot for billing. Others, such as Hostgator, give you a FREE eNom Reseller Account.

For support, there are lots of ticket systems on the market, Cerberus Helpdesk, Kayako eSupport are two well-known, good ones. And Kayako offer a LiveHelp system for live chat between clients.

While you are small, you could probably get away with just offering ticket support, but once you get above, say, 100 - 200 clients, then you will have to put up FAQs, implement LiveSupport, get a phoneline running and, if possible, make your support 24 x 7.

There are profits to be made in the industry, the Internet is always growing! Sometimes, it is best to charge higher prices. People are starting to realise that "you get what you pay for" relates to the hosting industry! You pay peanuts, you get monkeys, as they say.

Oh, before I forget, write a business plan!! I cannot stress this enough, a business plan could make or break your business. Plan for the worst situation that if it does happen, you know how to handle it!

If you do it right, make everything above-board, always stay in profit, then you should survive the dream (or nightmare depending on whether you did it right or not) that is Website Hosting!

Finally, I will just say, that it is possible to make it in the industry and to make your millions. There are people over at WebHostingTalk who have like, 600 clients in just 6 months - and then there are others who have just 8 in 6 months. It depends entirely on how stable your business "backend" is!

Hope I helped our budding webhosting entrepreneurs!

Will.

•••
if the n00b.com domain in your sig is yours, i think that isnt at its at its full potential with less than 90 users, it can become more, if its not your, concentrate on setting up a site and learnign seo lol

•••
What? Please speak in correct grammar and in english.

•••
Starting a webhost would probably earn you some easy money ;)

•••
he has a link to n00b.com in his sig, if thats his site, then he could develop it a lot more, there isnt a lot of members there, and with the domain he could bring in a lot more, if not, then start a good website and make the revenue from the ads

•••
Veolus, you have stated the first myth of web hosting! Web hosting WILL NOT make you quick money and IT IS NOT a get-rich-quick industry. To make any decent money and gather a good reputation with clients will take years of hard work, dedication and funding.

Do not get into the industry to get rich quick - it won't happen and we have too many of these types of hosts already. If you're going into the industry, go into it to develop strong client relationships, deliver quality service and then the money will come later - they are the type of hosts we actually need in the hosting industry.

Will.

•••
Good point Will. Don't go into the web hosting industry (like just about everyone else) and think you can make a quick buck. Heck, don't even go into it because you need the extra money either. Web Hosting can go south on you very quickly and you have to be ready for the long haul. If you're lookin to make a few quick bucks then it really isn't for you.

Personally, I'd pick up a few domains and start selling them. If you can buy a couple now, as you sell them for more you can increase the ones you buy and profits and so on. Otherwise, you could look at designing/coding.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back