IT.COM

How Do You Fund Your Domaining Habit?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was wondering how other teen domainers fund their domaining instincts. I mean, domaining requires quite a lot of money to be put in if you want to have a portfolio that is anything close to decent.

Got to envy those adults, eh? Their day-job more than pays for their domains but us poor teens who start from practically $0.00? At least, in my case, that's how it was. I started with 0 balance in my paypal, got my first affiliate commission of $75 from HostGator and bought up a few domains.

I do some Internet Marketing and Affilaite marketing on the side but my passion remains domaining.

What about you guys?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
asgsoft said:
I then learnt PHP and did a small job for $10.

Were did you learn php? Thats something I really want to learn, but can't figure out a way how/were.

Any suggestions?

•••
Question String said:
Were did you learn php? Thats something I really want to learn, but can't figure out a way how/were.

Any suggestions?

Ive got the same problem

All I can do is <?php include("");?>

lol

•••
Elasticity, the more money I make, the more money I spend.

*repeat until gazillionaire.

•••
Morph said:
Elasticity, the more money I make, the more money I spend.

*repeat until gazillionaire.

haha Im the same way.

Ill make a $300 sale and its gone within the week.

But Im mostly re-investing it, or using it to develop some sites. :)

Hopefully it will pay off.

•••
Yeah, money just slips through my fingers. I head off to eBay or to the nearest Music World or sometimes, even the nearest gaming store :lol:

•••
i make a free username.wordpress.com domain and then i get PR on it and then get some
Links on it!

•••
BrendonM said:
i make a free username.wordpress.com domain and then i get PR on it and then get some
Links on it!

Not such a bad idea either! :)

•••
I know Html But no one pays for that unless you code a layout!

•••
BrendonM said:
I know Html But no one pays for that unless you code a layout!
Exactly!

I know a bit of html/xhtml/css, but not enough to code my own template.

But Ive gotten good at hacking the crap out of free templates, to make them decent! :)

•••
I just sell my scripts. Makes a decent amount of cash.

•••
do you code them, or do you just have resell rights to them?

•••
I have a job at a local restaurant which is where I make my money but recently I have discovered affiliate marketing and hopefully before long that will be the source of my main income. Other then that free stuff ;)

•••
Eah i know very basic php and i am ood at xhtml & css tableless... Considering applying with a new design firm....

•••
I am a very entrepreneurial person. I can name a bunch of ways that I make money. And it sure nuff starts to add up. :)

I've made about $1,500-$2,000 from flipping names though.

•••
Walgreens - The Pharmacy America Trusts.

Haha.

•••
•••
i use namepros which is FREE

•••
Good point!

Thats how I got started, but I try to sell to end users now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back