NameSilo

domain How much do you think vblog(.me) is worth?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chatura

Established Member
Impact
Ok, so I'm new to this whole industry (but trying hard to learn it). I brought a portfolio of domains and one of them is VBlog(.me). I have listed this domain for auction at Flippa because I think it's a great domain name (explained below). However, I have not yet got any bids for it, so I was wondering whether I should upgrade the auction by purchasing the more expensive advertising options offered by Flippa. I want to know whether this domain is worth my money to purchase those expensive advertising options.

Why I purchased the domain

1) Intrinsic value of domain name. "VBlog" stands for "video blog". Yes, I know the technical term for a video blog is "Vlog", but many people will interpret "VBlog" to be the same thing.

2) All the other popular TLDs for this term have been taken-up by other people. This includes .com, .net, .co, .us, .org, .biz, .co.uk, .de, .ca ect... Even little known extensions like: .ninja have been taken-up.

3) 5-character word. It's short and very easy to remember.

4) I believe this domain may have a huge potential for a person or website involved in video blogging.

5) Similar domain sales:
videoblog(.com) - $21,000.00

vlog(.mobi) - $6,100.00

videoblogger(.net) - $3,388.00

winevlog(.com) - $1,400.00

videoblog(.tv) - $1,309.32

socialvlogs(.com) - $450.00

So, what do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

the domain has no real value beyond development

buying upgrades for it, is waste of money

don't buy low quality domains in "one-off" extensions, then pay a fee to put in auction house, hoping for a sale.

as they will end up making more than you.

but the bigger problem is impatience

too many newbies get a domain and think right away somebody wants to buy it.

they got flipper mentality, but that's not realistic thinking.

give you name time to mature, see if any offers come in or post for sale on forums first...... before considering paying a fee to list in an auction.

imo....

Good Luck!

•••
I agree with @biggie... the only real value with this one is development. The dot me extension is what kills it here... regfee for reseller and $xx for enduser. In time, as mentioned, things may change and values increased, but so far the outlook is grim.

Hope this helps!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back