Dynadot

domain How much would you pay for fails.io?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EliteDoms

Impact
I own the fails.io domain and I believe it holds a lot of value to be developed/ resold.

More than a hundred thousand exact match searches with pretty decent CPC. I'm more interested in the virality factor of fails videos and pics and the possibility of subdomains like celebs.fails, parenting.fails, makeup.fails, etc.

Would love to hear from you guys. :) Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Kinda like it even though the keyword is not that good match for .io. Like it because fail pics and videos are for many people what the Internet is all about. I know people who do nothing but watch fail/lol/meme stuff when they're online. And basically anyone can build a FAIL site/stream.

•••
•••
Oh, and to answer to your question, I'd pay reg fee for it.

•••
•••
•••
Thank you guys for the responses. :)

•••
Fails is a negative keyword, can't see a thriving startup on this domain.

•••
Fails is a negative keyword, can't see a thriving startup on this domain.
Quite right sdinc, but the idea is for a fails related site or app.. something in the line of epicfail dot com or failking dot com. Thank you for the response.

•••
the .io part fails to get my attention this time but might be worth developing - reg fee

•••
Dude... Fail.com would be cool for a comedy site

but fails.io has two problems:
1] .io
2] its not a business that pays top dollar for domains...

$0

•••
$0/regfee for me as well. The type of site it would work for is not going to be spending a whole lot to get a domain. Also, the .io doesn't work great with it. But that doesn't mean you couldn't find an enduser to pay more since it is still a dictionary keyword and .io does better than some of the other ccTLDs.

•••
I was able to sell a 14 letter .io for $100.

That was also the longest one word .io ever sold. :D

You can sell this one for much higher IMO.

•••
Thank you guys.. I just might have to rethink my strategy for this one. Your inputs definitely helped.

•••
I was able to sell a 14 letter .io for $100.

That was also the longest one word .io ever sold. :D

You can sell this one for much higher IMO.

May I know if that sale made to an end user?

•••
May I know if that sale made to an end user?

Nope.

After buying he said that he didn't even know what he was going to do with it. :D

•••
The problem with domains like these are as others have mentioned, it is unlikely a startup would pay big bucks for it, but more so that there is far too much competion in this particular niche. EVERYONE i know just goes to youtube to watch fails.

Either way, good luck :)

•••
the .io part fails to get my attention this time but might be worth developing - reg fee
I think they have a good value by itself if the domain name is related to technology, but not this at least w/o development.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back