IT.COM

strategy How to own a premium domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheWatcher

Founder, MAJ.comTop Member
Impact
How to own a premium domain name? I'm sharing my story on how I acquired YA.NET QUE.COM and MAJ.COM. I recently sold YA.NET for $35K.
https://domainstring.com/how-to-own-a-premium-domain-name/

I hope this give you ideas on how buy your first premium domain name.
Best regards,
EM @ KING.NET

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice story keep posting stories like this guys.

•••
Nice to read how it worked out for you. Personally, I'm not a fan of installment plans. I'd prefer to save up the money and when I have a good amount then I'll buy the domain. If it's still available chances are the seller will even sell for a lower price than previously asked, if it's no longer available I can always find another good deal.

•••
Domain investors have different ways to acquire a premium names. But this approach works, slowly having a quality domain portfolio.

•••
Great article, well done! :)

•••
How to own a premium domain name? I'm sharing my story on how I acquired YA.NET QUE.COM and MAJ.COM. I recently sold YA.NET for $35K.
https://domainstring.com/how-to-own-a-premium-domain-name/

I hope this give you ideas on how buy your first premium domain name.
Best regards,
EM @ KING.NET
How I own one is I either register one or purchase the domain, then I add it to my godaddy account where it make parking revenue or a future sale.

•••
•••
•••
Honestly ya.net, que.com, maj.com is diffucult to call premium domains, middle level domais with non popular and non premium letters, their sold price shows that as well. But anyway im happy that you finally sold domains and made some profit.

•••
Your free to express your opinion. We follow some premium letter guide but again all domains not created equal.

For example, Qnb.com and Qua.com sold for $1M and $0.5M respectively both not considered premium letters but LLL dot com. Liquidity of LLL dot com domains are very high. Therefore they are premium portfolio. If you have your own LLL dot com, you should know.

IMHO.

•••
Excellent article. I read it and it is amazing. Perhaps, @TheWatcher , the title of article should be how to get a premium domain in affordable way ... instead of owning it? Cause, until you pay the full amount, it is never yours...or is it? Again, excellent article.

•••
•••
To own a premium domain. You need to be willing to spend four to six figures on a domain name.

Who agrees with me.

•••
Well done mate, nice to see a different way of doing it, people say they will save up the money but this is not always possible, like me for instance, being a dad to 2 boys at private schools, spare cash is not always lying around. My salary is also tied up in paying the mortgage and other bills and my wife has mentioned before Im not to touch that money for buying domains :D

Honestly ya.net, que.com, maj.com is diffucult to call premium domains, middle level domais with non popular and non premium letters, their sold price shows that as well. But anyway im happy that you finally sold domains and made some profit.

I assume you are joking here? :lookaround:

•••
Well done mate, nice to see a different way of doing it, people say they will save up the money but this is not always possible, like me for instance, being a dad to 2 boys at private schools, spare cash is not always lying around. My salary is also tied up in paying the mortgage and other bills and my wife has mentioned before Im not to touch that money for buying domains :D

I assume you are joking here? :lookaround:
What about when you make those nice sales and let her see?

•••
What about when you make those nice sales and let her see?

Yes, she has come to me and requested some cash to pay off a credit card we had for ages lol...Ive also asked her for renewal money in past, so its all give and take

We do have joint bank accounts but I classify this as a hobby, so all the bills come first

Im going to be requesting a few other things when I make my "big" sale ;);)

•••
Yes, she has come to me and requested some cash to pay off a credit card we had for ages lol...Ive also asked her for renewal money in past, so its all give and take

We do have joint bank accounts but I classify this as a hobby, so all the bills come first

Im going to be requesting a few other things when I make my "big" sale ;);)
I Like the 50/50 thing man.I have seen some nice sales that you have made and since its just a hobby,you may come across those sales that pays off everything someday.

•••
:lookaround:

I feel the same way. Installment is way to go :)

•••
I feel the same way. Installment is way to go :)
You think all sellers would accept but I think some would if part of the payment is paid 75 % and then the balance is in installment.After reading your article my motivation increased.B-)

•••
I only need one, so far I made 5 deal using this method. And I choose the domain name, not just any domain. Investment ....

•••
I only need one, so far I made 5 deal using this method. And I choose the domain name, not just any domain. Investment ....
This is an eye opener and I am waiting for that opportunity so I can make those payment monthly and know I have a nice premium investment.

•••
You will be surprise that many investors willing to make a deal even for installment, knowing their assets are too expensive to acquire anyway.

All investors need a cash flow.

•••
You will be surprise that many investors willing to make a deal even for installment, knowing their assets are too expensive to acquire anyway.

All investors need a cash flow.
You are right and it would help them also to renew some names and other expenses.Do you draw out an agreement plan and then have them sign so you know its a done deal so they don't backtrack?Having a premium name pays big when one makes a sale.With your experience in domaining for years,the idea must have come easily.
I appreciate you putting this on namepros where I have been able to gain so much so I became active.

•••
Yes, and through escrow.

•••
•••
So your names you purchased are from large domain investors, not individuals or company-owned names?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back