Dynadot

How to swap ICANN domain and a .ETH domain?

Spaceship
Watch

tetrahed

Established Member
Impact
Is there a way to use Escrow.com or some other domain trading business that will allow a trade between an ordinary domain and a blockchain domain, like .eth?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't seen one but interesting concept. A domain for a domain, maybe it's possible to do here on NP with the right post but they wouldn't hold the names in escrow more a gentleman's deal.

•••
Upvote 2
Send them an email and check. In theory there shouldn't be any complications (the domain is sent to their company's wallet, presupposing they have one). The question is whether or not Escrow provides such a service for .eth domains, because I can't find anything on .eth domains on their site.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I think the service probably has too little demand to exist.

Even trading legacy extensions is not really a popular thing.

Also, blockchain domains are more complex than just a boring push at GoDaddy or whatever.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I think it is very interesting point , I haven't heard about it before ..

•••
Upvote 0
Since escrow.com doesn't have a payment option for crypto currency I'm fairly confident that they don't provide the service. But again, email and see.

Also, blockchain domains are more complex than just a boring push at GoDaddy or whatever.
It's the opposite. They're very easy to transfer, all you need is the wallet and the password, there's not even a 60 day waiting period.

I've said this before, but my issue with blockchain domains is that they're very difficult to host sites on, and even then people need special browser plug-ins with the right protocol to access them because they don't run on https, which makes them (the site and the plug-in) safety risks. Even crypto-enthusiasts stick to ICANN domains.

•••
Upvote 0
A smart contract cannot connect a dotcom with another.com

NO.

•••
Upvote 0
Hi, I think you can swap an ICANN domain and a .eth domain using a service like Unstoppable Domains or ENS. These services allow you to link your ICANN domain and your .eth domain, and use them interchangeably. You can also manage your domains using their tools and platforms. You can also transfer or sell your domains using their marketplaces or escrow services.

I hope this answers your question. If you need more details, you can check their websites or documentation.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back