NameSilo

.me How Would You Rank these Extensions? .info .mobi .me .biz .us .ws

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am still trying to figure out which of these domain extensions are considered best.

How Would You guys Rank these Extensions? 1-6, 1 being best.

.info .mobi .me .biz .us .ws

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Like I said I would take any true keyword in .INFO over .US, other than GEO names. Obviously only US GEO domains make sense in .US

I would take a foreign city like London.info in a landslide over London.us, because it makes little sense.

Brad

LastPost.com said:
I take your point here, I can see US cities and states fit well in .us. However, you have to admit that when I cherry picked, I showed a big disparity between .info and .us but when you cherry picked it was less pronounced. Also, with .us, you are tied to US geos so there are only a couple of hundred possible $XX,XXX keywords. If .us works better with US geo keywords, you are looking at a niche of a niche and .us shouldn't really be ranked a close second to .info on that basis, the reality is that globally it is a long way behind when all keywords are taken into account.

•••
.info
.us
.mobi
.biz
.me
.ws

to all those who call .mobi dead.. turn your TV to Fox News anytime and take a look at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. what are they advertising? thats right, the .COM and .MOBI

and yes, that ad is on screen 100% of the time...... not sure if you can call a TLD dead when the highest rated news channel in the U.S. has a permanent .mobi ad on screen. booya.

live feed for those outside USA:
http://freetube.110mb.com/index.php?view=1Zm94bmV3cw

Last edited:
•••
info, us, mobi, biz, ws, me

Here we go..

In general:

1. .info
2. .us
3. .mobi
4. .biz
5. ws
6. .me

Obviously, .mobi will be the best one for sites that correlate to its name.
And, .us can be best for US sites.

•••
competentdomains said:
Here we go..

In general:

1. .info
2. .us
3. .mobi
4. .biz
5. ws
6. .me

Obviously, .mobi will be the best one for sites that correlate to its name.
And, .us can be best for US sites.

Interesting, .ws before .ME???

•••
.ws is one of those extensions where even if Poker.ws was available, I'd have to think twice before regging it...

•••
mjbenterprises said:
.ws is one of those extensions where even if Poker.ws was available, I'd have to think twice before regging it...

Ditto! ;)
I may be ".mobi-stupified" regarding .ME, but I truly believe it has a future...certainly more than .ws! :lol:

•••

I stepped away from my website and the nut who owns it bought a .ws extension domain, paying $10 a month! It expires monthly! How could this be? And how stupid was that to do. I'm attempting to find out how long the name will be in limbo before I can buy it for him from a legitimate company.

Any help with this issue is much appreciated.

•••
Carlton said:
srisri24 said:
.info
rest are waste of money
I guess the $34,000 I made on those other extensions was a hallucination or something.

Congrats, which sales (if you can share) ... comprise the $34,000? :gl: :talk:

I'd generally (absent firm development and promotional plans) run the spectrum from at the top .US (good for Geo's) -- >> down to the bottom with ".mobi" (whose limited opportunity has come and past), IMHO. :red:

Pick your poison in between, or just makes things easy and stick with the .COM! :yell:
Just my two sense.
-Jeff B-)

•••
.info belongs to the league of .net and .org

.us is okie country code

others, i wont place my money on them

•••
1 .info .biz
2. .us
3. .ws .me
4. .mobi

•••
1. info
2. us
3. biz
4. me
5. mobi
6. ws

•••
1. info
2. us
3. me
4. biz
5. mobi
6. ws

I own some good french ones in dot info. I hope !!!!
amour.info -- impot.info -- lait.info -- passeport.info

•••
For development purposes, in general....

.us
.info
.biz
.ws, .me, .mobi (tied for last)

I would put .biz in the toilet also, but it has corporate site use where they want it on it's own site instead of domain.com/biz or whatever.

•••
DubDubDubDot said:
For development purposes, in general....

.us
.info
.biz
.ws, .me, .mobi (tied for last)

I would put .biz in the toilet also, but it has corporate site use where they want it on it's own site instead of domain.com/biz or whatever.

Im seeing lots of local companies start to accept .us
I'm starting to see it everywhere.. radio,ads, tv.. even my local bar is the .us

Makes me happy I have a couple top 1000 keywords in .us

•••
one of those stupid threads, but ok i'll join in: B-)

1/ .info & .mobi
6/ .ws,.us,.me. .biz

•••
Everyone has opinions. Here are mine:

.info (cheap but they are bought and used widely)
.us (They make for good US-targetted sites -- kinda a big no duh, I know)
.biz (I don't see these developed much)
.mobi (I think the ext will be of much use but not for awhile... perhaps a long while. But I see promise in it)
.ws (There are still quite a few generics out there in the wild. This ext isn't developed much)
.me (It's still too young of an extension to put faith in)

lennco said:
I am still trying to figure out which of these domain extensions are considered best.

How Would You guys Rank these Extensions? 1-6, 1 being best.

.info .mobi .me .biz .us .ws

•••
1. .info
2. .us
3. .biz
4. .mobi
5. .me
6. .ws

:imho:

•••
1. .info (will pull level with .net and .org within 5 years)
2. .us (good for US keywords, geo limited)
3. .biz (slang, lacks credibility, but has end users)
4. .me (brandable with certain verbs, doesn't fit most domaining keywords)
5. .mobi (ugly, obsolete, SEO suicide)
6. .ws (a mile behind the other extensions, no brand, no keyword fit, no target market)

•••
1.) .INFO (for general keywords)
2.) .US (Especially for GEO related terms)
3.) .BIZ (Not the best extension, but end users like these for good keywords)

(LARGE DROP HERE)

4.) .MOBI (Only good for keywords that make sense and are true premiums)

(ANOTHER DROP)

5.) .ME (Good for domain hacks only pretty much)
6.) .WS (Close to worthless)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
1- .com and the major and popular ccTLDs (including my favorite .US)
2- everything else

When and if the new TLDs come out next year the only extentions that will be able to hold their ground in the long run will be the major and popular ccTLDs, even .com will be affected to some extent. IMO

-

•••
I totally disagree with this.

A Ferrari is fast. When other fast cars are released it doesn't lower the appeal of owning a Ferrari. That is the same with .COM

Internet usage is at 20% worldwide. The new extensions are not coming out by popular demand, they are a cash grab. They are destined to fail because of that.

To a lesser extent I think NET/ORG will hold their value fine. Many end users operating in normal size budgets see those extensions as a credible alternative to .COM, which might be out of their price range. Virtually everyone has heard of COM/NET/ORG. I have known people who have been online for 10+ years and never heard of .INFO or any other extension.

Brad

oldtimer said:
1- .com and the major and popular ccTLDs (including my favorite .US)
2- everything else

When and if the new TLDs come out next year the only extentions that will be able to hold their ground in the long run will be the major and popular ccTLDs, even .com will be affected to some extent. IMO

-

•••
I just realized that .com was not included in this survey, so I revise my post as:

1- .US
2- everything else

IMO

•••
Archangel said:
.mobi (I think the ext will be of much use but not for awhile... perhaps a long while. But I see promise in it)
What are you basing this on? I'm curious to know.

The way I see it is that .mobi would have been good if there was no way for developers to redirect mobile devices to an alternative design or stylesheet, but this is very much possible. So I'm not seeing the point in having to brand both the .com and the alternative .mobi site.

•••
Even now, and certainly in the future most mobile devices can load full webpages, so I also don't see the long term use of .MOBI really.

I have a Dell Axim from 2-3 years ago that can load full readable webpages without any issue.

Brad

DubDubDubDot said:
What are you basing this on? I'm curious to know.

The way I see it is that .mobi would have been good if there was no way for developers to redirect mobile devices to an alternative design or stylesheet, but this is very much possible. So I'm not seeing the point in having to brand both the .com and the alternative .mobi site.

•••
.info takes the cake by far

The rest you can make money off of but the tld is just plain crap

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back