NameSilo

HTML Rules Diplay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok I am trying to assist an organization with their rules. Right now they have the rules listed in a text box and they want to keep it that way. e.g.

Code:
<form>
		<textarea cols="60" rows="10" wrap="physical">

Only problem is people can delete and edit the rules displayed on their individual browsers which is not good in a proof situation. Because people could take screenshots of the edited rules and etc... So I added the disable function at the end so it could not be edited or added to like this:

Code:
<form>
		<textarea cols="60" rows="10" wrap="physical" disable>
It worked great but it removed the side scroll bar so the only way to scroll down is highlight the text and drag the mouse downward. This is not convienient and may leave people thinking the rules end with the first statement. Is there any possible way to disable editing in a text area but leave the sidebar scroller? Thanks for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try changing disable to READONLY?

•••
Problem fixed. I sent them the new version. Thanks a lot deadserious. :) As you can probably tell I don't know all HTML. I mostly know the form stuff and text formatting commands because I use it in the PHP.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back