Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

akos

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I have just grabbed HumanBiology(dot)org as part of getting some science related .org domains for my portfolio.

"Human biology is an interdisciplinary area of study that examines humans through the influences and interplay of many diverse fields such as genetics, evolution, physiology, anatomy, epidemiology, anthropology, ecology, nutrition, population genetics and sociocultural influences." - from wikipedia. (There is a more detailed article in German as well: german wiki)

I think it fits well with the .org extension. What are your thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Not sure if Human Biology goes well with .org! .info (which is not registered) makes more sence. :xf.wink:

•••
Not sure if Human Biology goes well with .org! .info (which is not registered) makes more sence. :xf.wink:
Thought of that one as well.
Bought this one because there are loads of great sales in the .org that are science related. Curious to see if this goes for something as well. Just an experiment ;)
But thanks anyways for your reply.

•••
I agree.
.info seems to make more sense than .org
I can see maybe an information-type site. But I don't see an organization around this.

•••
I agree.
.info seems to make more sense than .org
I can see maybe an information-type site. But I don't see an organization around this.

But does it have to be an organization though? Most of scientists, research projects and science conferences use the .org domain. That's why I thought it may make sense.

•••
But does it have to be an organization though? Most of scientists, research projects and science conferences use the .org domain. That's why I thought it may make sense.
I mean if you can find some existing organization devoted to "Human Biology" then .org would be good.
But you're gonna have to start looking around.
Just google something like "human biology organizations" and see if you find any groups. And when you do, make a list with their contact info so you can do outbound marketing to alert them that you have this domain name available for purchase. Or if you're auctioning it, invite them to your auction page.

It really depends on what either you want to do with the domain or what end user you have in mind.

•••
I think the name is much too broad to be used in commerce. Health is one field that does well in .org. But this one is only relevant for a school or university or a lab I think, I don't see who would need this domain otherwise.
The .com is registered to Pearson but doesn't redirect properly. .net is for sale.

I found only 3 recorded sales with the keyword biology (courtesy of Dnsaleprice):
Domain TLD SalePrice SaleDate SaleThru Wrds Len Num Hyp Link Source
AppliedBiology com $2,088 Dec 11 AfternicDLS 2 14 N N http://AppliedBiology.com DNJournal
BiologyNews com $8,100 Feb 07 SnapNames 2 11 N N http://BiologyNews.com DNJournal
NanoBiology com $2,990 Nov 05 SnapNames 2 11 N N http://NanoBiology.com DNJournal

•••
I would agree with the user that said register the .info - Then you have a very good domain :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back