***********alabama.com
newyorksteak***********.com
NewYorkCitysteak***********.com
NewYorkCityseafood***********.com

D-:

Apollo = Armstrong ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
D-:

must be connected with some restaurants associations :xf.love:

•••
Definitely a great sale for the previous owner. I don't see the potential for development of these domains so why anyone would want to pay $400 for EACH domain is beyond me.

•••
"State + Restaurants" seems to be the more likely search term but SE's do pick up the backwards terms sometimes as well....

Considering "Orlando Restaurants" get's over 450 daily searches, I can see why somebody would be interested in a term like that.

"Chicago Restaurants" get's 380 daily searches etc...

•••
Righto, I can see traffic'd Geo XxxxxxRestaurants.com variations going for a premium ... I'm a bit befuddled by these other variations at this $Xxx/per domain name, IMHO. :|

Does anyone know who the buyer/seller are, and/or any specifics of the sale at Afternic? :gl:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Does anyone know who the buyer/seller are, and/or any specifics of the sale at Afternic? :gl:
sibaong said:
Apollo = Armstrong ?
All removed from Afternic Recent Sales :|

•••
Might be part of some large marketing plan for a chain/franchise. Restaurant with 'state' is rather general for any specific eatery, since people usually search for city + restaurant. State makes it too vague for high searches, esp with restaurant before state in domain name. But if it's a large chain/franchise with eateries in many cities in each state it might make sense.
Or, it could be a group without any restaurant who is going to spend a huge whack of cash to develop a series of directories about eateries in each state.

It's all speculation, but if anyone remembers they'll check some of those domains in a few months or a year and see what's onnem.

•••
sibaong said:
All removed from Afternic Recent Sales :|

Removed ... because of this thread / discussion / inquiry? :|
IYHO's. :blink:

As always, conduct additional research and verification when hearing or seeing initial "reported sales" or "completed sales" on auction sites, etc. IMHO. :gl:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Removed ... because of this thread / discussion / inquiry? :|
IYHO's. :blink:

As always, conduct additional research and verification when hearing or seeing initial "reported sales" or "completed sales" on auction sites, etc. IMHO. :gl:
-Jeff B-)
Yup, it was on Afternic Sold Listing 01/06/2009

"This listing is not public."

All links saved on my keylogger :D

Seller: Lombardi2
Buyer: Apollo

Last edited:
•••
$400 each.....
nice sale...congrats to the seller

•••
If removed it is likely to be fake, then.

•••
I don't understand what's going on here, IMHO. :-/

Were these domain names really sold ... for $400/each? :red:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Pound said:
If removed it is likely to be fake, then.
It's sold @ Afternic.

Jeff said:
I don't understand what's going on here, IMHO. :-/

Were these domain names really sold ... for $400/each? :red:
-Jeff B-)
All dn was listed here sold for $400 each, I believe buyer have made request to remove it from Afternic "Sold Listings" page.

PM armstrong, I think he's the buyer *CMIIW* :red:

•••
Having done a lot of research on such names myself over the years, keyword + state and keyword + city names are generally not taken much. For an end-user I can see these sales but I wouldn't go rushing out to get such types of names to try and resell to domainers. I think keyword + state especially is weak for a lot of things simply because people often are searching more locally vs. by state, but in general state + keyword and city + keyword are by far the better variations.

•••
sibaong said:
It's sold @ Afternic.

All dn was listed here sold for $400 each, I believe buyer have made request to remove it from Afternic "Sold Listings" page.

PM armstrong, I think he's the buyer *CMIIW* :red:

Why him :tu: ?

What makes you think it is him, mate :cy:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back