Dynadot

status-done I deserve 1 point for this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
When i see questionable TM names offered for sale, yet alone high bids.

I wanted to make a thread to discuss;

Chrysler-Japan (.)com

it was moved to “external auction” and i got 1 point. Just trying to protect our industry!
Not even involved with the name
2B91971F-405E-422E-9364-942B0A7504CF.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Just to clarify, the rule reminder issued by the moderator team that handled the case was not for starting a discussion about a trademarked domain, there are thousands of discussions about that, it was for linking to an active auction at a third-party marketplace that was/is still accepting bids, which has never been allowed in a discussion thread on namePros and why it was moved to external domains for sale (Link to active sales listing present in post).

For internal use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/reminder-please-dont-engage-in-prohibited-promotion.3156648/

•••
Just to clarify, the rule reminder issued by the moderator team that handled the case was not for starting a discussion about a trademarked domain, there are thousands of discussions about that, it was for linking to an active auction at a third-party marketplace that was/is still accepting bids, which has never been allowed in a discussion thread on namePros and why it was moved to external domains for sale (Link to active sales listing present in post).

For internal use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/reminder-please-dont-engage-in-prohibited-promotion.3156648/

Last time;
i did just that

it was an active auction; it got moved to;
“Buying Selling” discussion, which i thought would happen here. The ruling is inconsistent.
If this point stays, i have half mind to req close

Notice i hyperlinked; and made sure (.) com
follow rules (play it safe) have no connection

Last edited:
•••
it was an active auction; it got moved to;
“Buying Selling” discussion
The moderator that moved it must not have realized it was an active auction.

Note: Auctions may be discussed in discussion forums once the auctions have ended.

We must do this with active auctions to prevent anyone from finding clever ways to discuss active auctions for promotional purposes, which could be to serve their own agenda or the agenda of someone else.

Here's the relevant rule:

As a result, active auctions may not be posted in discussion sections for any reason. However, they may be posted in the Promotional or External Domain Sales sections while they're running, and then we can move them to a discussion section afterwards upon request.

Perhaps we will be able to change this rule in the future.

We hope you understand.

For internal ref: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/3163960/

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back