Dynadot

I think these may be a few simple WP ques for you guys...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

Im just diving into WP and I have played with the editing of one post for over an hour.

Waht I want to do, seems like it should be so easy but it isnt.

Here are my problems...

First off, I had a full post updated, then added another word in my post and it left this big space between 2 words that I cannot fill at all, and I have no clue as to why.

Secondly I had a full post updated then added a First sentence on that page...
and I sized it the same as the rest of the post font and it is not allowing me to keep it the same size as the rest of the font for some reason.

Third,
I cannot figure out how to create ALL of my text into a cooler font like "Georgia"? I thought I saw an option in the advanced post edit tools but it looks as if it only deals with size, like Header 1, Header 2, etc.

4th,
I clicked on everything to be centered and it doesnt center everything...It all stays to the left for some reason.

Then last but not least,
I have a few lists of domains that I want to add to my post. I hate all of the domains being in a singular column, I would love to figure out how they could be in 2 or ideally 3 columns within the same post.

I spent an hour on here and am too frustrated to continue anymore - lol

Sorry for the noob questions but I am def a noob.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
Vito

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey hey,

If you know a basic HTML you can always click on HTML button and edit from there. Or at least delete the code you don't like.

About the font, in some templates is difficult to add font atributes in HTML because your fonts are overwrite from the CSS of the template. Is better you to edit the CSS file.

Theo

•••
Hey hey,

If you know a basic HTML you can always click on HTML button and edit from there. Or at least delete the code you don't like.

About the font, in some templates is difficult to add font in HTML because your fonts are overwrite from the CSS of the template.

Theo

Hmmm,

Well since I dont know anything about css & html I am basically screwed?

Its very unfortunate because with just a couple of simple edits which I can clearly handle beause it seems like the font editing panel is almost identical to NP's here...But with each edit it just never goes back to looking the same and it looks Incredibly sloppy.

Its pretty embarrassing.

•••
Can you show me your blog? Probably i can help you.

•••
tds,

When you're on the editor, you'll notice 'visual' and 'html' tabs on the top right of the editor (see image).

attachment.php

Select html and remove any extraneous code type objects and retain your plain text, that will bring the formatting back to normal.

Code objects will normally start w/ < and end with > like -
Code:
<div>some text</div>
<p>some text</p>
<h1>some text</h1>

3rd & 4th would need to be done via the theme editor. admin > themes > editor > stylesheet.css

Don't be afraid of editing that file, font-family and alignment is easy to change, but take a backup (copy / paste into notepad and save) before editing anything, so that you can get it back to where it was.

For multiple columns, the simplest method is tables - http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

If you need some assistance w/ your blog, will be happy to get it done for you, but if you learn, you wouldn't need anyone's help and it's really simple to learn.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• wp editor.jpg
    wp editor.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 36
•••
Wow Samit,
Thank You!!!

I am ready to crash tonight but I will definitely try this tomorrow night.

Seriously, Thank You for all of your time and efforts here for lil ole me. :)

Repped!

Thx,
V

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Can you show me your blog? Probably i can help you.

Theo,

Thx for your attempt to help...sorry we couldnt hook-up on IM but I really appreciate your willingness to help.

Thank You too.

Repped :)

•••
It's NEARLY ALWAYS a tag ordering issue.

Another option is to use an HTML editor on another platform, get it right and then cut and paste the whole body in.

Also - you may want to look into something like LiveWriter - this is convenient if you are trying to work with more than one blog. You have to set it up which might take some explaining with you ;) but it's quite a decent tool.

There are many free HTML editors out there. I've found the WP default editor to be disappointingly bad when it comes to edits - especially when you start getting into nested bullets and so forth.

And get a G+ account - there seems to be a growing domainer community out there :)

•••
It's NEARLY ALWAYS a tag ordering issue.

Another option is to use an HTML editor on another platform, get it right and then cut and paste the whole body in.

Also - you may want to look into something like LiveWriter - this is convenient if you are trying to work with more than one blog. You have to set it up which might take some explaining with you ;) but it's quite a decent tool.

There are many free HTML editors out there. I've found the WP default editor to be disappointingly bad when it comes to edits - especially when you start getting into nested bullets and so forth.

And get a G+ account - there seems to be a growing domainer community out there :)

That sounds like the perfect resource for me.
I might try to do what Samit suggested tomorrow night. Im hoping to learn a little bit but if I get to a roadblock...well I hope not, but either way I do believe I wil sign uo for one of those editors so I can copy and paste the whole post in there because that would be best for me...I always edit my posts, over and ovr sometimes, lol

Thx John!
Repped too :)

•••
Send me an email if you have specific problems with anything (with a link)... won't take much to diagnose most problems :)

Tidy HTML I think cleans things up. Not used it myself because WP has minimal tags for security reasons.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back