NameSilo

IE 5.5 --> IE 6.0 page display problem

Spaceship
Watch
im not to sure if this is the right type of forum to ask this in, but anyways....

http://www.mandrake.curvedspaces.com/ (its only simple and not quite finished yet so dont laugh=)

im making a webpage/journal with b2 weblog, my page (see above) was was loading fine when i was using internet explorer 5.5, it has a main column and a side column at the moment...using css. both tables use the same css styles, so they should display properly...which they did in IE 5.5, but in IE 6 the side tabe displays with out a background...and to the bottom left of the main table

(sorry if i dont make much sense...btw, mind the html/php this is my first real attempt at making a webpage...also my first time using css...i'll clean it all up when im happy with the design)

thanks for your help =)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey mandrake, Welcome to Web Design Talk!

Your page shows up with the main column in the middle and then a table on the right which does include the same background as the page has, and I am using IE6.0, so you may just need to repair your IE or reinstall it with all the css options enabled.

•••
I see it fine as well with IE 6.0, main column in the middle and the table to the right with the same background as the main page. If you just installed IE 6.0 try deleting your Temporary Internet files and Cookies, that may be the reason you are seeing it differently. ;)

Oh and Welcome to Web Design Talk [=

•••
Re: IE 5.5 --> IE 6.0 page display problem

Originally posted by mandrake
btw, mind the html/php

Interesting fact about php that people who are newer don't really realize. Php is not visible from the client end of things. Nor is there any way to steal the file by saving it. Php is a server side language.

•••
Did you want the background for the table to be the same color as the column in the middle of the page where your blog entries go, instead of it being the same background as the main background on the page with the lines??

btw, beautiful kitty [=

•••
I'd reinstall IE 6 like deadserious said.

•••
Originally posted by bobbi
Did you want the background for the table to be the same color as the column in the middle of the page where your blog entries go, instead of it being the same background as the main background on the page with the lines??

btw, beautiful kitty [=

thanks for the welcome and the quick replies ;)

just to clear things up,:
yes, the side column is supposed to be the same color as the middle column, at the moment its see through :/ its supposed to be at the top of the page as well...

i will reinstall IE 6...

•••
I think I see what you see. So it may have nothing to do with IE6.0 ... I really don't think that if all of us using IE 6 are seeing what you are that it's a browser problem, I guess it's still possible ........ Strange. :webdev:

Also you said the side column was on the left? Did you mean on the right? Because that's where I see it. :D

•••
lol, yeah i meant on the right

if it wasnt a IE problem then shouldnt it be the display the same when i installed IE6...:-/

hmm...sorry to bug you all with this

anyone have any other ideas as to fix it

heres two screenshots, the first with IE 5.5 (how it should look), the second with IE 6

IE5-5 Screen IE6 Screen

•••
Look for this code in your page, and add what I have in bold:

<font size="-6" color="666666">Mandrake</font></a>
(ChrisB</i></font></p>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
</td>
<td height="119" width="201" valign="top">

Try that and see if that fixes it. :D

•••
Probibly would, i was under the impression he was using css for positioning..

•••
Originally posted by deadserious
valign="top"

mandrake dances around, yippee, you fixed my problem deadseriousD-: now i just have to set the bg color again.

thanks muchly everyone

100,000,000,000 points to deadserious

•••
Glad you got it fixed mandrake [=

•••
one more thing, I don't know if you are aware of it or not, and I know that you said the site isn't finished, but there are quite a few pop ups on there, even when someone goes to comment, there is a popup besides the comment box.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back