NameSilo

I'm stopping my posts on NamePros. I'm done.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Well based on the latest feedback, it appears I've been just telling crap, made up stuff and untruths.

Such is the feedback from varied fellows here, thanks @VadimK for letting me know.

It also appears my weekly featured "most read" posts, and hundreds messages I got from beginners thanking for my guides, the pricing guides, everything was crap.

It also appears my reported sales are either fake, or if they're real I might have not got the domains where I got them from.

I'm also a "drama queen" as some highly experienced newbie mentioned. Etc.

I will remain subscribed, perhaps I will advertise here on NP but anything else is closed story.

Thanks to all those who contributed to my decision, I appreciate it.

Saves me a lot of hassle, bad feelings and time lost for absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @twiki, you seem like a friendly guy who likes to share his opinions openly. I understand some may not like the regular stream of consciousness opinions but I for one appreciate it. Take a break. I know things can get heated when a lot is going on but it's good to take a break once in a while and come back whenever you're ready.
Thanks.

Yeah, when you share your own opinions openly you'll clearly get some fans and some trolls as well.

I am taking a break. However this was my retry, so the break won't change things. I was about to stop posting a bit ago yet I decided on a comeback. It was a mistake.

Me leaving is unimportant. NP will continue without just fine.

I did have some contributions but there are other folks who could do much better and have more experience and better portfolios. Unfortunately they don't really share stuff, just bits rarely. I understand why. Chances are against that doing any good for them.

•••
I would agree that Twiki seems a bit controversial, however I understand where he comes from.Guys from Central Europe often seem awkward.
You have definitely offered some nuggets of domaining wisdom to everyone, other times you sound dogmatic indeed.
I think all you need is to take a long break, go to Bangkok and come back when and if you feel ready.
Spending too much time on this forum is unhealthy I think, especially when the topic is something so fluid and often random like domaining.

Last edited:
•••
Yo @twiki you will be back. I guarantee it. Totally addicted to Namepros. Love ya! :xf.love:
:xf.smile: Thanks! It's good that you at least keep your hopes up. They do well for health.

(not that they'll accomplish anything in this case)

•••
"Departure tip" for whoever has been reading me (and admitted shameless plug):

You'd probably want to keep an eye at Dotible for the future.

There are things coming there that you haven't seen anywhere, and many of the tools in my backyard will go live. Some of the stuff has been forever-needed in this industry.

I won't have a lack of customers (getting inquiries already) BUT I want you to have a chance to look at it. Good stuff will be free too.

Edit: Like for example (for now) the free appraisal tool getting better, AND the bulk domain TLD search also getting better, free with ability to sort by TLDs count and more.

I'll also blog there occasionally so you might want to subscribe to that once available. As some of the former posts here will be replaced by new domaining articles on Dotible's upcoming blog section.

Here on Namepros I will advertise my new tech business (contacted them already), just like any other paying advertising client once my project is ready for that, coming shortly.

Last edited:
•••
Hi, first off thanks for trying it out. Note, it has been quite successful so far despite it's not "finished" yet.

For sure it needs more work. But let me explain why you got that result.

Most people trying the tool never read the notes:

Show attachment 222468

So as you can see, it's not even designed to do that yet.

The reason you get that is that the word you are appraising is an obscure one and it's not the kind that would appear in any sales history data.

Without the training data, any tool like this can't tell anything about something. It'll just throw a number there. Which is why most single-words cannot be appraised with precision, ever. They don't appear in any sales. It will probably never appraise "hyperhidrosis" correctly as there is no history for that word.

So not only you're trying a feature that is not there yet, you're trying it with a word for which chances are you're going to get a very rough ballpark number and that's it.

Side note I'm determined in offering better precision with my tool. That's where it differs from others in the market. And it's designed for domain investors, by a domain investor.

The second aspect is the 4-word, why it says that. Again look at the snapshot image above.

The tool doesn't recognize all words as it uses a limited dictionary. It does that to save resources and also because it is unlikely any tool will always have all the words out there.

But in essence it makes no sense so far to have any word that is not previously sold (such as my medical word above). Therefore it will try to find words within your word and sometimes certain phrases might be seen as common snippets even if they are not exactly English words but they carry sale value.

Like combinations of letters that are frequently used... word modifiers... etc. It uses that and it gets to a 4-word or words or snippets (the latter, mostly)

Even with a much larger dictionary, unless you have all obscure words in the world mapped in for some reason, chances are "clarinetists" which also is the plural version might of the word, have never gotten a correct appraisal. Even after me posting the tool with the 100% ready for production version.

So this has been the what on why.

Final note on it is this.

My tool was never intended originally to appraise everything, but rather to focus on 2 word .COMs which is its best area.

But since everyone keeps testing it with the wrong stuff (nobody is reading ANY instructions), I was forced to add new things so it will end up as a complete appraisal tool. Which, perhaps, it is not that bad of an outcome.

Feel free to use it as much you like.

Only problem is, if bots start hitting it hard I might have to reduce the daily quota to 1 search eventually. It has already happened with the other tools (domain bigdata searches, top section on the left) now things are fine (quota is plenty there too) but it's a neverending battle nowadays. But will see about that (bots) when it comes.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Yes, oops, sorry, did not read instructions (PEBKAC). Thanks for making it free. I am enjoying using it!

•••
Sorry @twiki but we can't allow you to leave. You're staying mate.

•••
Hey @twiki I know you'll be back because you haven't said what dates you're going away for. Let me give you an active example. I'm going to stop all posts on the public forum until Saturday night. Now watch me do it.

•••
@twiki

Thank You for all your contributions,

•••
Heavy dislike …twiki ofc you will receive different experiences from your posts….

•••
You clearly and plainly said I attacked your names.

Which is not only false, it also goes beyond everything I've been doing here. If that's the perception, then again I am in the wrong place doing the wrong thing for all the wrong reasons.

I'm getting a lot of shit lately, and sick and tired with it. Everyone has a limit. Things have just went past mine.

You've just happened to be the last drop. Also because I haven't seen this coming - from you. My suggestion would be to read back and analyze, and be frank to yourself. Not with me, that' doesn't matter.

The post was simply sharing some thoughts I have. What I do next is not yet written in stone in anu form.

And then you said ''tons of names like mine are available at drops'', and that's not the case. That's a clear fact.
That's your paradigm. Not mine.

If that was true, I would not hold Dotible.com right now. Or Dotifier .com which I also have. Or whatever. The biggest part of the 5000 names left are of this quality and above.

All drops.
But you didn't find anything better than starting to play an offended kid. Almost appointed me a as culprit of you leaving.. ))

You should understand that I have my reasons to leaving right now and I won't regret leaving.

That's not temper tantrum. And this comment is insulting.

Anyway this is my last reply to you.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back