NameSilo

In-Yer-Face Logo Design Contest $50+++

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
** Contest is over - OurPortfolio is the winner **

Hi Folks, I need an "in-yer-face" logo for my new site, PanicRoom (www.panicroom.tv) launching this fall.

This site will be dealing with MMA, Wrestling and the like, so it's gotta have punch - think UFC.TV, WWE.COM, etc.

- The "TV" should be in the logo, but not the emphasis
- please DO NOT use the graphic currently sitting on the website for your inspiration - it sucks, I know - I did it. That's why you're a designer and I'm not :) Not even the dead guy.
- I'm a big fan of "KMFDM" Album covers, if that helps
- I also like simple. Like the "ECW" logo.
- someone suggested integrating a stylized "guy screaming" into the lettering. Don't know if/how this could be accomplished - just an idea.
- has to look good both shaded and in limited colours for t-Shirts etc. Limited or no greyscale (think 2 bit color)
- need vector format of course
- and if you feel like dropping me a favicon.ico at the same time.... I wouldn't say no.
- first round ends July 16th, 5pm ADT (Atlantic time). By that time there should be a few standouts, so lets say we'll be all sorted out by the following Monday.

I'm offering $50 Paypal or Visa for the logo. The +++? Winning designer gets first crack at several banners and skyscrapers for our affiliate sales efforts.

... and since this is my first post on here, I'll make the payment before you provide me the final artwork.

Thanks, look forward to seeing your work

BP

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is my first entry.
image in vector format - 2 colors - good for printing
Got a style beetween the ECW and those KMFDM covers
we got the tv.
I can see those white, red, black t-shirts with this logo :hehe:

•••
Here is some corrections...
tvlogo_k.jpg

Let me know your feedback plz...

•••
BillyParadise,

Can you let us know hwo's in the LEad so far ... or maybe Top 3 Designs - In no particular order. This would help and benefit us all ... Just a thought.

Regards,
Danny

•••
OurPortfolio said:
BillyParadise,

Can you let us know hwo's in the LEad so far ... or maybe Top 3 Designs - In no particular order. This would help and benefit us all ... Just a thought.

Regards,
Danny

Hi folks, tough day at work - luckily it's almost over. Also luckily, Red and Black works for me. Thank God it's not Orange and Blue (getting real real sick of that colour combo).

Top 3 in order only of how you appear on the page....

1. l0zo
2. OurPortfolio
3. krishm

5pm here now - on my way home. I will give better feedback after i eat.

BP

•••
•••
Comments from the graphically challenged

OK folks, thanks for all your input... i thought it best to see how the logos would look on the header. so, pardon my terrible graphical skills, but here are the contenders roughly pasted onto the header.

header-ego.gif

Ego-X - could work. please try some variations

header-krishm.gif

Krishm - like the general idea, need more panic, significantly less TV - say 1/3 the size? When I squint, I'd like to see Panic more than Room.

header-l0zo.gif

L0zo - sometimes basic is good.... Can you try some variations given the background?

header-ourportfolio.gif

Ourportfolio - still like this one a lot - can you try putting the P and A in front of the TV?

header-sammy.gif

Sammy - too happy! But i like the original thinking

---

OK, so can we please all try something other than red? I'm up for any colour scheme at this point that isn't "the sitepoint colour scheme" - orange and blue. My designer currently has a blue background for the template, but that's completely open for change.

Hope that gives y'all something to work with.

I'll check back later tonight and of course tomorrow AM.

Thanks all - this is coming together nicely.

BP

•••
Please check Post #20. You seem to have completely missed my entry :-/ Any feedback to give?

•••
feedback for me too ..Thanx..:D

•••
will7, se, sorry... se posted while i was playing autiste, and will7, your blue footer looked like someone elses...

se - sorry, doesn't do it for me, feel free to try a different tack
will7 - has promise, not big on the big splashy tv thing.

Another image link for some inspiration....

http://www.criterionco.com/asp/full_cover_display.asp?id=248

BP

•••
here is another attempt...changed to a dark blue, but aain, anything can be changed...

Logo#4:
L3P97705.jpg

Preview in Banner:
GO098625.jpg

feedback on this???

Last edited:
•••
like it sammy! one of the better ones thus far.

•••
I will do the Revisions soon ...

EDIT:

Here is the Image with asked revisions ... Let me know ...

Revised Logo:
d3u08978.gif

Logo Preview in Header:
dBe09362.gif

Regards,
Danny

Last edited:
•••
Another entry...
Sometimes with no colors
originall2_panicroom.gif

If you wish we can add colors.

•••
Here is what I came up with.
panicroom4sz.jpg

panicroom24gc.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your feedback...
Here is my entry...
paniclogo.jpg

logopanic.jpg

paniclogo1.jpg

Let me know if you want to change anything...
Hope you like it... :)

•••
If you would like to see mines in a nother color like Dark Blue, let me know ...

•••
Folks, as of 3am Bermuda time our main power plant had a major fire. THere is barely any power on the island - luckily my work has a generator. I wont have Internet access for at least the rest of the day. Please dont expect a reply from me right now.

(nothing to do but lay on the beach ;0 )

BP

•••
Everyone, thanks for your entries. I've got power at home again, but as I'm not sure whether or not it's permenant (check www.theroyalgazette.com for full story), I'm declaring an early winner - Danny at ourportfoliostudios. Danny I've sent you an email.

Thanks to all who entered - I'll have another competition or two up shortly - to give you some head start, one is for a "new wave" online radio station and the other one's
for an offshore services provider. Probably two weeks or so.

Thanks again all

BP

•••
Thanks for the awesome Competition. Glad you liked my work and choose me as the Winner. I replied to your Email please READ. Awesome job by everyone, congrats!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back