NameSilo

Increasingly popular term "climategate" has Google Search results cut by 2/3 in month

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I own the domain name climategate.com. When I purchased it roughly a month ago, there were 10,000,000 search results. About a week ago, there were about 5,000,000. Today, there are about 3,600,000.

In the last month, climategate has exploded and I'm sure millions of new pages were written on the subject. I'd like to know:

1) How could there be a 7,000,000 (2/3) NET loss of pages in the last month?

2) Is there a site somewhere that shows a history of each day's/week's search results number for a term? (wish I had written it down).

Also of interest, my climategate.com site, which already has about 160 articles, went to result #39 yesterday. Then, an article got Dugg last night which brought 10,000 visitors and already over 3,000 today. Before that, average daily was around 1,000 - 2,000 and growing. As soon as it got Dugg, my Google ranking for the term went to #143. Now, coincidentally, my site went down for 90 minutes when the Digg went popular (didn't have cache set up right then, do now)--could that have something to do with the down-ranking?

I don't want to get all conspiratorial, but Google has been known to back liberal agendas, and features Al Gore on some of it's pages. That's a stretch, but I'm just throwing it out. I'm hoping for a technical reason behind this....

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back