NameSilo

.info .info domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

globegenius

Account Closed
Impact
Nothing wrong with .info domains. I just tried a google search for i-it.info and received close to 1 billion search returns in google. I think thats a pretty good return for a hyphen domain and .info More optimization needed of course.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMHO .info is one of the best alternatives for .com when we talk about an international site where a local ccTLD is not an option. .com is king, .net is good, but IMO .info makes lot more sense than eg .biz or even .org (unless the site is one of an organisation with any fame)

.info is underrated, but I guess that keeps the price low so no complaining there ;)

•••
yea, but in order to popularize .info domains you will have to brainwash billions of people to forget .com. Which is why I just dont bother with .info domain names.

•••
My developed .info sites do as well as my .com sites, I didn't have to brainwash anyone :)

•••
i cant seem to stay away from .info lol
not saying i reg every one that is available but have some good ones imo!
just have some on noomle right now but have some others i would like to work on more
:)

•••
I love .info there are truly great keywords with great development potential....and as far as the brainwashing I feel the .com is the only extension motto is so beating a dead horse.....but by all means everyone leave .info alone so i can safely snag them all ;)

•••
I have found many good .info domains out there recently and I think they make sense too as generally people are searching for info...

•••
I used to reg a lot of .info's a couple of years ago but now if it's not .com, I prefer .org all the way

•••
Selling .info to an end user is not easy. I think end users prefer .org or .net (depending upon their requirements) as an alternative to .com.

•••
Nothing wrong with .info domains. I just tried a google search for i-it.info and received close to 1 billion search returns in google. I think thats a pretty good return for a hyphen domain and .info More optimization needed of course.

SE ignore extensions and hyphens. So if you do some decent SEO and promotion a Domain-Name.info will do as good as a DomainName.com

•••
Besides being difficult to sell a .info to an end user, all the rest are advantadges. Good names are still available for registration, cheap prices, no restrictions on use of domain, domain whois privacy available, etc...

IMHO .info value will sky rocket in the long term (5 years aprox.)

•••
Most might already be aware of this, but godaddy currently sells .info domains first year for only $0.89/each (plus 18 cent ICAN fee), gets a little cheaper if you buy I think 6 or more at the same time. While .info might not be the most lucrative name, nothing can beat that first year price.

I have bought a few of them, and gotten them for that price without hidden costs... at least not until renewal.

•••
Err, hate to point out but your numbers are off, way off.. you need to use quotes for an exact search.. here are the real numbers:

Results 1 - 10 of about 22,700 for "i-it.info".

Otherwise, without quotes, you're getting a hit for every instance of info out there as well.

•••
True story I did a general search for it. How many noobs type into a search engine with quotations though? As stated I need more optimization. All I did was park it at sedo a couple of months ago.
I'm going to reg some more .info domains and see how they do on my own parked pages at hostnhub. Some of my links are paying a dollar and more so it takes few click ins to pay for the domain. A year registration is a good test to see whether or not to keep the domain. They are a cheap investment.

•••
True but that's the differenhce betwwen the real results of 22k and "over a billion".. a lot make that mistake, even pros.

True story I did a general search for it. How many noobs type into a search engine with quotations though? As stated I need more optimization. All I did was park it at sedo a couple of months ago.
I'm going to reg some more .info domains and see how they do on my own parked pages at hostnhub. Some of my links are paying a dollar and more so it takes few click ins to pay for the domain. A year registration is a good test to see whether or not to keep the domain. They are a cheap investment.

•••
You bet Dave. I did some more infos today to test the parked page traffic. Like I said they pay for themselves pretty easily. I'll go post them in new regs. The sites are up and running. In seconds.

•••
I think developed .info can compete to .com one.
But .info is not good for parked.
I have some good keyword .info in sedo, have big 0 traffic.

(Sorry for my bad english)

•••
I definitely think developed is the way to go with .info.. you're probably right that parking .info is a waste of time..

I think developed .info can compete to .com one.
But .info is not good for parked.
I have some good keyword .info in sedo, have big 0 traffic.

(Sorry for my bad english)

•••
Does anyone have any examples of any developed/successful/high-traffic info sites that look like they're making any real money? The first one that comes up when I google: inurl:.info doesn't look like such a hot commodity.

•••
I'm not sure what you are getting at here. That you believe your domain is mentioned on 1 billion pages?

I don't know, but as has been said, you search with quotes to get a better handle on the actual usage of a term in society. Google also has a glitch where it reports more results than there is, but if you click ahead a few pages you'll get the real number.

"i-it.info" - Google Search

There are only 30 results for "i-it.info", and pretty much all of them are fragments.

•••
Does anyone have any examples of any developed/successful/high-traffic info sites that look like they're making any real money? The first one that comes up when I google: inurl:.info doesn't look like such a hot commodity.

http://www.adtech.info/Home/

•••
I'm not sure what you are getting at here. That you believe your domain is mentioned on 1 billion pages?

I don't know, but as has been said, you search with quotes to get a better handle on the actual usage of a term in society. Google also has a glitch where it reports more results than there is, but if you click ahead a few pages you'll get the real number.

"i-it.info" - Google Search

There are only 30 results for "i-it.info", and pretty much all of them are fragments.

You must have some sort of filters on. I did an exact search and "i-it.info" returned 23,200 in google. Thats pretty close to Daves number. As stated I just parked the domain at sedo and use their optimization which is not much. One key word. No meta tags or site properties like I have with site builder at hostnhub.

•••
info is great for developing keyword rich minisites and that's about it.

•••
•••
My developed .info sites do as well as my .com sites, I didn't have to brainwash anyone :)
Same here.
The very few .info domains I have are doing good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back