NameSilo

.info .info registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anybody know a good, reliable .info registrar they have used before with success?

Rob.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Basically, all the registrars out there would register .INFO for you...i recommend GoDaddy because they are not only reliable, now .INFOs are on sale for $6.95

•••
So its easy with them to do webforwarding, like if I wanted to get my .info domain to point to Google.com or whatever?

•••
register it with registerfly .infos are under 6$ there i think

•••
eNom is excellent. You can PM me if you need an account setup there.

NameCheap.com ($8.88) is also good. GoDaddy works ok and they're probably the cheapest around right now. Registerfly is worth avoiding.

•••
Thanks!

Just one quick question, with godaddy it is easy for domain forwarding, like I said above, for example if I wanted to point my domain to Google.com or something?

Cheers!

•••
yeah, with GoDaddy , it is very easy to set up domain forwarding..it's totally free.

•••
Originally posted by Bill1
register it with registerfly .infos are under 6$ there i think

Yes, go with RegisterFly they are excellent

•••
Contrast of opinion here.. some say registerfly is worth avoiding, others of you like it... :S

•••
Many people have their own preferences with registrars, some are completely horrible but people love them and others some might dislike who are very good. Do not always believe what you hear. Find a registrar that meets your criteria and that works for you.

•••
Thanks for the advice people!

I will let you know what I have decided when I get round to it!

•••
Anybody know any good registrars like the ones above, but for the UK, godaddy seems to only accept $US?

Cheers!

•••
•••
So would I if I was American... :$:

•••
Originally posted by RobSCM
Contrast of opinion here.. some say registerfly is worth avoiding, others of you like it... :S

I use both enom with a $6.95 reseller account and registerflly with a $7.25 bulk purchase price. I don't pay cash, so the enom domains really costs me $7.16 after the 3% paypal or chargecard deduction. However, the names registered at RF can be listed free in the domain marketplace giving me another chance of a sale, well worth the $.09 extra cost. RF also runs many price specials that help as well. Today only BTW, RF is even offering $6 transfers, which is cheaper than renewals about anywhere. The promo code is FLY6PROMO.

I also like some of the RF interface better such as bulk register, reporting, domain list export, and the simple push to email on transfers if the buyer doesn't have an account.

I have had a few problems in the past with RF, but all were eventually resolved and most have been way in the past before the scripts became stable. I will always split between two registrars though to take advantage of specials and to have a backup in case of dissatisfaction or major changes in price or service.

RF is a reseller for enom by the way, and technically not an ICANN accredited registrar. That has really made no difference in the way things have been handled.

•••
Thanks for the advice!

Looks like my mind is made up. RF uses PayPal so thats what has swung it for me I think, being British and all...

Cheers :)

•••
•••
•••
I personally use GoDaddy as well!

•••
GoDaddy has been good for me. :)

•••
:( Wish they accepted PayPal... :(

•••
Well I chose registerfly in the end because of the ease of PayPal payment. I used to register my domains with UK companies... paying in $US cuts my costs in half, am paying not much more for a domain now than a pint of beer down the pub!

•••
Originally posted by RobSCM
Well I chose registerfly in the end because of the ease of PayPal payment. I used to register my domains with UK companies... paying in $US cuts my costs in half, am paying not much more for a domain now than a pint of beer down the pub!

Which is more enjoyable? The pint of beer or the domain?

•••
Ummmmm, thats a toughy... maybe the doman will pay for me to have lots of pints of beer... :red:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back