IT.COM

Internet.BS domain problems WARNING

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Unfortunately I need to post a warning so other domain owners can make an informed decision about whether they want to trust internet.bs with important domains, especially ones used for live sites that need to stay live.

Went to renew a domain for a live site, on the expiry date. Funny, it had already had its DNS changed over to their parking page - you'd expect that after the expiry date, probably well after. Paid, got confirmation, but it stayed on their parking page and I could not re-set the DNS in my account. In fact the account said that and other just-renewed domains were not in fact renewed and it blocked my access to them.

Support said they would look into it, and they did have the transaction number. They did nothing. They did not reply to a reminder email the following day. Chat said support would deal with it. Tried chat again today and they would only say support would email and they would not say when, and they refused to make available or contact anyone more senior or competent.

Really all they were asked to do from the outset two days ago was reset the DNS of the domain used for a live business site so it would work - their internal systems and billing errors could be resolved later.

So the business site has been offline for 3 days now and for 48 hours plus internet.bs have refused to solve this simple problem, despite them having taken payment for a service they are now not providing. And they are trying to get parking revenue from the domain, which looks just terrible.

Can't say as I now think this a suitable domain name registrar to keep a domain that you are actually using.

There is already a thread in the reviews section with some comments about internet.bs, mostly good, until now.
http://www.namepros.com/412405-internet-bs-3.html#post4403875

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update: after I posted this warning yesterday, internet.bs did quickly finish processing payment and restore the domains to their previous DNS, so the ones with live sites are working again. But other than routinely emailing me an invoice when the sites went back up, internet.bs have not contacted me or responded in any way since fixing this. They did say support would email me when this was fixed.

I'd highlight three concerns here:

1. A credit card payment was taken via Tradegard, and confirmed by email from Tradegard with a transaction reference number. But internet.bs either did not receive or did not process this - even though it was made via their own website.

2. Support was poor and unresponsive. Seems no one could, or would, reset DNS until they - very slowly - resolved their billing systems error.

3. Internet.bs parks your domain on expiry day and locks access to its settings. Not all registrars do this so fast.

I really don't think they understood the need to keep live sites live. Maybe most cof their customers are just happy domainers. But think it through - you could pay renewals, not check your account to see if they succeeded, and domains you thought you had renewed would drop. And the payment you had made would have gone from you to... where?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back