Dynadot

Introducing Nintendo Wii: Did You Get Yours?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
TM's aside, Nintendo released the official name for the next generation Nintendo games console: Wii (as in "we").

"Introducing... Wii.
As in "we."

While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer. Wii will break down that wall that seperates videogame players from everybody else. Wii will put people more in touch with their games... and each other. But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people playing it. And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of videogames that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything."

Official Website

Wii Trailer

This little piggy went wii-wii-wii all the way home! ;)

Did you get your Wii today?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I got nintendowii.net, nintendowii.info, wii.name, talkwii.com, wiiforum.com (Already sold for $300), wiigames.com (already sold for $300), mywii.com, wiizard.net, buywii.com, wiifaq.com and wiiworld.net

•••
•••
wiiaccessories.com
wiiboard.com
wiichat.com
wiicodes.com
wiicontest.com
wiicontroller.com
wiiforums.com
wiigamers.com
wiigaming.com
wiiguides.com
wiihardware.com
wiimodchip.com
wiimodchips.com
wiimods.com
wiinetwork.com
wiipreviews.com
wiistore.com
wiisystem.com

Within first 3 minutes. :)

•••
siradio said:
I got nintendowii.net, nintendowii.info, wii.name, talkwii.com, wiiforum.com (Already sold for $300), wiigames.com (already sold for $300), mywii.com, wiizard.net, buywii.com, wiifaq.com and wiiworld.net

Wiiforum.com was the first one I went for... and from the looks of it, it wasn't too much later after you got it.

•••
EDIT

Last edited:
•••
I'm sorry, but that is the dumbest name I have ever heard for a video game system.

I haven't regged any names for it, and I don't plan to.

•••
•••
I agree with you, CO, haha. Terrible.

However, I couldn't help but pick up a few ...

iiwwii.com (looked cool)
wewii.net (first one I checked)
wiiboy.net (there has to be one)

Last edited:
•••
I got a couple of them as well... even i as well think the name sucks :)

•••
dgridley said:
Criminal, I understand your reasoning.. but if you hated the way a $100 bill looked, would you refuse to pick one up on the floor?

A $100 has value, a Wii has none whatsoever :p

I just picture the conversations.

"So what console do you have?"
"I got a Wii."
"Bathroom is down there."

•••
Exactly :) Name sucks but what the hell...That doesn't stop me. What counts is what it represents ;)

•••
It doesn't matter what the name is. Business is business. Stop crying because you scored none of the good names.

•••
Ya I def got mine...though most seem to be the .nets of cfguru. boooo...im never quick enough

•••
cfguru360 said:
It doesn't matter what the name is. Business is business. Stop crying because you scored none of the good names.

Wow someone is angry.

•••
edit said:
Ya I def got mine..

Why don't you tell us what name is it? :)

•••
Well the only good names that I didn't get were:

wiiplanet
wiitalk - owned by some wii corp.
wiiblog - owned by some wii corp.
wiigamer
wiicheats - guy wants $10,000
wiinews - owned by Nintendo.com
wiionline - owned by BuyDomains.com

•••
Regged wiiforum.info earlier. meh.

•••
I think the .info's are the best bet behind the .com's .. everyone will be looking for info on the system and you have the ext built into the search term "wii games info".. it's a wiin-wiin situation! ;)

•••
Wiis.info

that's it - too slow on the draw today.

•••
Me got

wiiconsoles.com
wiiconsoles.info
wiiconsoles.net
wiiconsoles.org
wiiconsoles.biz

What the hell, if I make back my reg fees then I am happy, Even better if they offers.

•••
What do you guys think of wiide.com?

•••
I got on way too late :(

NintendoWii.IN
NintendoWii.co.in
Wii.co.in
OnlyWii.com
WiiTech.com
WiiBook.com

•••
damitssam said:
I got on way too late :(

NintendoWii.IN
NintendoWii.co.in
Wii.co.in
OnlyWii.com
WiiTech.com
WiiBook.com

Earlier than me; I tried to get wii.co.in, but was too late.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back