NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sekhem1

Established Member
Impact
Got an email from a representative of an "investor" from Sweden

"Hello!
I'm a representative of an investor from Stockholm (Sweden). He wants to purchase
miami.fi*****.
My client has $489,000 budget for several domains. Please respond and add your price to
the subject line.
If you have other domains please let me know. I may help you to find buyers.
How do you want to get paid? Escrow, Wire or Paypal?

Best Regards,
Martin H.
Vice President | VP Space Solutions

Switzerland
Basel
Mattenstrasse 35 .
Phone: 061 714 4 . "

I replied. Received an answer.

"Before we proceed with the sale my client needs only one thing from you:
My client is an experienced investor and he buys certified domains only to avoid potential risks with trademarks and overpriced/stolen domains. So simple certificates from GoDaddy or Sedo do not suit the needs of my client. (!?) He needs a complete certification with a valuation and a trademark infringement verification.

The proper certification contains three points:
1. Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher we will increase the price accordingly.
2. Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems.
3. Verification of the owner. It proves you are a legitimate owner and your domain has no any obligations and restrictions. I'm sure that you are a legitimate owner so it will be only a formality.

If your domain has been certified please email me the certificate and we will proceed with the sale. If you don't have the certificate it's not a problem. I may send you a link where you can obtain it. You can read about the certificate agency at http://support.archive-google.com/archive/threadview196374.htm ("Domain Broker" is my nickname).

Please don't worry. It takes 1-2 minutes to order it. The results will be sent to you within 24 hours. Then you send me the certificate via email and we'll proceed with the sale As a broker I'm very interested in a good valuation part of this certificate because my client pays me a commission (10-15% of the sale price) on every domain purchase. So I'm not interested in a low price too.

The process is very easy:
1. Go to the certificate agency site and order a certificate. Just submit your domains and let them know you have a buyer with xxxx eur offer and need a valuation near this value. After several hours you will get the results. If the price in your certificate comes higher we will increase our offer accordingly.
2. Then send these results via email and we'll proceed with the deal.
If you are new to the certification process I can help you with the step by step instructions."

Told him NO.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Smart..

This scam is older than Google LOL..

PS - Remove ur domain from post..

•••
Funny, why would he need a certificate if wants this domain so bad...just said: "So I'm not interested in a low price too"

•••
Funny, why would he need a certificate if wants this domain so bad...just said: "So I'm not interested in a low price too"

It's okay if any buyer want certificate, it's his personal matter.. But he should pay for it then..

•••
spam of course :) .. I'm just surprised that they are not from Luxembourg or Switzerland (usually they pretend to be) :)

gl

•••
spam of course :) .. I'm just surprised that they are not from Luxembourg or Switzerland (usually they pretend to be) :)

nevertheless - I have to add, that there are a lot of good Luxembourg registered companies and one of them is a great (even - fantastic) client of mine.

.. had to add that just in a case... (blush) :)

•••
•••
I like how they act like they want to make sure that the domain owner isn't infringing on any trademarks and then refer their targets to one of their infringing domains; archive-google.com

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/trademark/

•••
goodness, that scam is so old, I guess there's a new batch of suckers.

•••
Ah yes...scammer "Domainer" at work again. He makes money when you buy the appraisal then skips town. It's complete and utter B.S. Sometimes his client is a Saudi prince, a German business man, a rich Swiss and so on...

http://domainomy.com/beware-of-domain-appraisal-scam/

•••
I must get 20 of these a month.

Next one you'll get will send you money but it will need a moneypak number to clear it. LMAO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back