IT.COM

Invision Reveals I.P.Converge

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Invision Power Services is proud to reveal Invision Power Converge (IP.Converge).

IP.Converge is a new product that allows several products or several product installations to share the same log in credentials database. This means that your members only need to register once and they’ll have access to all your converged applications with a single username and password.

IP.Converge will be free to IPS customers who have a current license for IP.Board, IP.Nexus or IP.Dynamic.

IP.Converge, via its powerful administration interface, allows you to register new IP.Converge ready applications, such as IP.Nexus, IP.Dynamic and IP.Board. Once an application is registered, your members will begin using IP.Converge transparently to log in and manage their account.

IP.Converge only stores the member’s log in details. Profiles, such as permission information and display names are kept with the local applications.

Not only can you centralize your member’s log in credentials, you can also link up several applications over the internet. IP.Converge is specifically designed to allow IP.Converge ready applications the ability to link up - the applications don’t need to be in the same database, server or even network!.

For example, you may wish to create a social network of IP.Boards all sharing a single log in. All participating sites are listed in the IP.Converge welcome page. Clicking the link from the IP.Converge welcome page automatically logs you in.

-------------------------------------------------

Got this a few days ago, but didn;t see it posted. Seems pretty big for anybody who uses Invision. I use it for a Basketball, Football, Baseball and Hockey forum..so being able to somewhat merge all of the members is going to be incredible for the sites.

My only question is how is this going to effect things when people try and sell their forum, i'm not sure if it means you can basically just take all of your members from one board and transfer their membership to any other board, but it kind of seems that way.

Sure be awesome for my situation though, as well as when people join as affiliates and stuff.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very useful piece of kit.

We have been hacking our custom built stuff to run off phpbb and vbulletin user DBs for a while now but it does take quite a lot of work. It would be great to have a tool which did it all for you. I never really liked the code for invision but they brought out some great innovations recently, i must say i am very impressed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back