Domain Empire

analysis (.io) isn't just a trend that fades with time :

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

makki

Established Member
Impact
🌐 (.io) extension designated for British Indian Ocean Territory but now more commonly used as a tech company-focused domain name with I and O representing input/output.

📈 (.io) Smooth growth :

✅ The (.io) ccTLD base increased, reaching a total base of "1" million names at the end of 2023, or 12.3% year over year.
✅ What is striking is that the growth of the (.io) base has been stable over the years.
Note that the curve hasn't undergone any mutations.

📊 (.io) aftermarket :

☑ In the last two years, more than 6,000 names have been sold in the aftermarket, with total sales reaching "5" million US dollars.
This is greater than the number of (.Ai) sales, but at a lower average price.
☑ "5" domains sold for a total of 539K US dollars this year.
☑ "5" domains sold for a total of 448K US dollars in 2023.

The numbers indicate that this extension is still affecting the domain industry & TECH companies sector, and isn't just a trend that fades with time.

Attachments

• (.io) Stable growth.png
    (.io) Stable growth.png
    437.8 KB · Views: 33
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is that attachment doctored? The bad resolution and the added "smooth growth ↑" makes it look sketchy. If you're going to post data then please source it.

•••
One of my fav extensions, there is something subjectively “cool” about it

•••
What holds this extension back from an investment point of view is the high renewal rate. I can speculate on 5/6 .com names for the same price as 1 .io.

•••
I agree with you on this point. However, the number of annual sales of (.io) domains indicates that it still constitutes good investment opportunities.

•••
I think it is a valuable extension, and its importance will increase in the coming years.
As for me, I prefer (ai). It revolutionized not only the domain sector, but it continues to impact the internet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back